How Hard To Put in Pistons?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ballinhatch

I want to put pistons and rods in a ZC so i can run Hardcore boost, like probably around a full bar. But how hard is it? I know you take the head off and drop the oil pan, unbolt the rods and slide them through the top of the block. Basically thats how i figured it, am i missin a few steps or am i pretty ride on?

Yeah thats about it but remeber where everything goes torque everything to spec and get a new head gasket and umm lets see get some of that ARP THREAD compound for the rod bolts and head bolts.....and other stuff just ask :D

GOODLUCK

when you take off the bearings that hold the pistons onto the crankshaft...make sure you keep the bearings lined up EXACTLY the way they came off the con rod. if installed backwards, you'll fry your rods, bearings and crankshaft. :eek:

If you get new pistons get something with a shorter stroke so you'll lessen your comp ratio so you can run your crazy boost.

if ur going hella boost, dont get zc rods, they will snap like twigs.

slow down.......... Once you take the head off of any honda engine YOU HAVE GOT TO GET IT MILLED. Deck the block and hone the cylinder walls also then id replace the bearings....You want step by step procedure well you got em...
1. After you get everything back from the machine shop take a can
of "Brakleen" and clean the cylinder walls really really good.
2. There is this lube you buy from Honda im not sure what its called but anyway get that. lube up the spots where the crank sits really good..!!!!!BE CAREFULL!!!!!
YOU DONT WANT THE LUBE TO FALL INTO THE CYLINDER WALLS OR THE RINGS WONT SEAT!!!!!!
3. Brakleen the crank and wipe down.
4. place the crank where it needs to be after you install bearings on crank but do not bolt down.
5. once you have your rings and your pistons all in one piece begine putting them in....DONT FORGET ABOUT YOUR MAIN BEARINGS AND YOUR THRUST BEARINGS.
6. begin torquing down you rod ends to the crank
7. begin torquing crank
8. place head gasket on block and you better get some Honda Bond.
9. you should be good to go with your turbo

Originally posted by jspecivicsi@Sep 20 2003, 03:03 AM
You want step by step procedure well you got em...

DUDE if thats step by step then this guys going to be FUCKED.What you need (ballinhatch) is to get a service manual for whatever engine your taking apart youll need it for all the spec's.I agree on the decking the block and head thats always a good idea,If the funds are there.

MY INSTRUCTIONS WERE ON HOW TO PUT A MOTOR TOGHETHER IF YOU DONT HAVE COMMON SENSE ON LOOKING UP SPECS FOR TORQUE INFO THEN STAY TO RICING SHIT OUT AND FUCK OFF!!!!!! NEXT THING I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IS IF YOUR RUNNING BOOST GET THE HEAD MILLED AND THE BLOCK DECKED OR YOUR GOING TO BE PUTTING ON HEAD GASKETS EVERY WEEKNED SO WO EVER WANTS TO TALK SHIT ON HOW TO BUILD A MOTOR READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Brandon G ----Sports Issue Engineering--

dude, #1 dont write in camps
#2 dont act like ur gods gift to anything here
#3 hes asking a question, help him and shut up or a mod will ban u.

Man you got outta hand there sorry to have burst your bubble,I was just making the point that that wasnt a step by step thats it....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH lol :kick:

real instructions for engine assembly and real questions will be answered here

www.theoldone.com

and no, you dont have to deck the block and mill the head every time you take it off, read a honda shop manual, it tells how to check if they are in spec as far as flatness, or a machine shop can check for flatness.

As any dealership honda mechanic, and they will tell you the same.

What kills more head gaskets than an uneven deck is torqueing the bolts out of sequence and not torqueing them in steps.

Back