1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Hard?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by (-CRX GUY-), May 5, 2003.

1. (-CRX GUY-)

(-CRX GUY-) Banned

Hey guys im new to this site...
    HOw hard is it to swap a SOHC Vtec in over a ZC in a 88 CRX SI, because i helped my buddy do a ZC a while back with no problems... and which one of those is better? which has more hp? thanks

Jerry

2. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

it should be a pretty simple swap...as far as which motor is better, which zc are you planning on using??? there are many many zc's out there...overall i would go with the a dohc zc...

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

try posting in a tech forum....

4. Nerologic

Nerologic Member

both motors are have identical work envoved but the z6/y8 u need to your old driver side head brackt mount and put that on the new z6/y8 and alos you need to wire up vtec which is no hard task, the zc is basicaly pluf and play and u just have to extend some wires to the cps..i have had both but i cant really tell you which one is better cuz i like them both but i have had good luck with z6's in the past, but then agian I rember breaking off a b16 coup with my zc powered CRX

5. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

dude if ur taking about installing a sohc vtec over a JDM ZC, DONT the ZC is a better base than a sohc vtec and will make alot more power if done right.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted