How has no one perfected the water cell yet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theres a great movie coming out soon called "who killed the electric car" that should hopefully help to put some more pressure on this country to move toward alternate fuel.

.... granted its not gonna happen with Captian "all my jobs are paid for by big oil" as our president.

i was just reading a news article the other day that 85% of Brazils cars are flex-fuel cars that can run E85 ethanol. only brazil makes their ethanol out of sugar cane, instead of corn like we do.

still not a fan of ethanol...

water is escentially free (ya know...its the smallest bill you pay every month).

could you imagine the possibilies..........And E went and bought that insight. PSHA!

true story..... and if you live in an apartment...... water is free HAHA.

how much you wanna bet that big-oil bought the patent to that.

fuck em, there is more than one way to make a water cell...if i can find the original plans, im sure that if i took the time i could definitely get that shit workin

Mass relates to stored energy, and ethanol weighs significantly less. Had I more time and I wasn't at work, I would go into details. Someone can look this up today.

Ethanol contains less energy in this formula.

not that I am any sort of expert on anything but would you be able to use grey water in any sort of water based power. From what I remember grey water is basically a wastewater from things like laundry, kitchen, showers and the like. It would be pretty cool if we could recycle some of the water we already use instead of using fresh water supplies.

Bah, we have plenty of water.. its not like you can use it all up. You can destroy it with chemical pollution, but we aren't running out of water any time within the next 32 bagillion years.

Do the water cell cars need distilled water, or can they run on polluted or salt water? If they need distilled water wouldn't there still be a shortage, California still has problems with water, don't they?

Quoted post[/post]]
Do the water cell cars need distilled water, or can they run on polluted or salt water? If they need distilled water wouldn't there still be a shortage, California still has problems with water, don't they?
Depends on the cell, it would seem as though you'd need salt water.. or salty water.

we should just mix the hydrogen and oxygen. then we could all drive around rocket ships. nasa does this all the time. and the only byproduct it.....water.

Quoted post[/post]]
we should just mix the hydrogen and oxygen. then we could all drive around rocket ships. nasa does this all the time. and the only byproduct it.....water.

You forgot one thing, nasa is not the average consumer. If fuel cells like the ones nasa used powered every car on the road today, LOTS of explosions would be killing a lot more people than accidents do now. Not to mention the idea of a drunk getting behind the wheel of these things. The average car owner would not perform the maintanence required. Why do you think so many fuel cell concepts have come out and noone is selling them to the private market yet?

It's a good pipedream though. It's easy enough to build your own fuel cell and hydrolyze your own hydrogen in your garage, but if you are smart enough to do this, you aren't the average consumer, and you deserve to have the cheap transportation that you've built. Keep this technology out of the hands of the stupid and lazy!

Quoted post[/post]]
one problem with the design are cars in the north. What happens in winters?
Antifreeze... All he's doing is hydrolyzing the water on the car while he drives. The antifreeze would just drop out of mix as the water is hydrlyzed, I'm guessing. I don't know of his exact setup, it looks like part of the control room of a nuclear plant was attached to that car.

Quoted post[/post]]

it was kind of a facetious reply. but it would be cool if we could produce something like that. we know the power is there. but we won't be able to harness it. i can't imagine the local Chevron turning into a hydrogen refueling station.

a guy in my shop is going to build a hydrogen motor for his del sol...and another guy is working on a magnet motor to put in a car.

sounds like an attempt at perpetual motion...Something tells me its not gonna work. Id hate to see what the electric bill was on that maglev train in japan.

Back