how liberals "Support the troops"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pat Robertson is a bit loony. Name another. Because he's the only one I can think of .

Okay. His butt buddy Jerry Fallwel.

Then there's your heroin (no I did not spell that wrong), Ann Coulter. Her little faggot rant is only the latest in her mouth diarrhea.

Rush Limbaugh. Speaking of heroin...

Every living being that is part of the PNAC.

Extremists don't have to be in the spotlight either. How many in the pics posted above are well known? I'm thinking very few. Go to any right wing rally and you'll see PLENTY of extremists.

Every sect has its extremists. Mine does. Yours does. Deal with it.

that should be dealt with legally when and if it happens. I didn't hear anyone calling for the LAPD to withdraw from California after Rodney King. The goal of our military there is the protection of a democracy and the destruction of terrorist militant cells in Iraq, if our army was actually on the ground with the purpose of raping and killing the innocent I'd be leading an anti war rally.

Ask yourself this, how many more would be raped and killed in the first 90 days after we left?

Silverchild and Celerity.

You two are spin doctors. Seriously. Spin Spin Spin. You're good at it. Keep it up.

What I find funny, to strengthen your "cause" you have to find the problems with all the opposition. I'm pro iraq, yet I even don't agree with the way you guys spin this crap. Seriously.

Has anyone stepped foot on a college campus in the last 5 years? It's a bloody debate every single day in the local red square. Signs, booths, everywhere. ALL EXTREME POINTS. Do I say hey look at your lefty loosy, so my righty is more genuine and not as big of a nut job.

And brit hume is fucking nuts. If it isn't the right way its the high way for him, and his fucking ego. My god. Watching that guy puts a bad taste in my mouth. I had to endure his shit for 8 days when I was in florida seeing my CONSERVATIVE catholic grandpa. He's the same as you guys. What ever is right is his way. It's all bull shit, just as what ever is left is the left way. I hate that view.

I'm a centrist I guess.

the whole nation has missed the point. There is no "Iraq War", that ended in 2003. There is a war with Al Qaeda that happens to be IN Iraq, and when you accept the conflict in it's reality you see why we MUST win.

but then again I'm just a sexual-intellectual

Granted, there are people that believe that we are really fighting the "Iraqis" in Iraq, and those people need to just stay in the trailer park. They are uninformed people that really bring a bad name to educated liberals. I cant tell you the number if times someone has told me they are Democrats because Democrats are "for the people" and Republicans "Are for big business". Those are uneducated remarks that have been spun like a coke-head's interview on NBC.

As for the majority of educated Americans (Conservative and Liberal alike), we understand that the war IN Iraq is not to conquer Iraq, but to bring down a terrorist organization that is IN Iraq.

Now, silver, I understand that you think leftest are going to destroy the planet...thats your opinion to have. However, in reality, liberals are thinking this out just like the conservatives. Part of the thought is political (of course....otherwise it wouldn't be politics, and don't think for a minute that Bush's staying in Iraq doesn't also have something to do with party politics). The other part of this thought is about what is right for our country. I know you pay attention to the fact that dems (im going to, for the sake of time, associate dems with liberals) want to get our troops out of Iraq. thats a pretty smart move if you ask me. Politically, it helps the Democratic party identify with the masses (even if the masses don't begin to understand what's actually going on). I've lost 4 friends in a year, I'd like to leave the number at 4 if possible. HOWEVER, I, like many other dems, understand the reasoning why we are there. If we leave Iraq with Al Qaeda in its current state its going to make America look weak, and like we, the strongest nation on the planet, cant bring down a backwoods underground group (kinda like the revolutionary war all over again...except now we are the British). For that reason, we have to finish things in Iraq. Unfortunately, for dems, we have to ignore what the people think is right for what is right for the country.

The US military being in Iraq protects more people than it puts in harms way, and i think most of us realize that. My friends and plenty of other Americans are in Iraq protecting us, not fighting a war against Muslims, but protecting us from dangers like 9/11. The thought here is that if they are running and hiding, they wont have time to cause problems. So far its working, and god bless George's (huh, an Earlier British reference with another George in office.....I cant be the first person to make that connection) cabinet for telling him to stick to his guns. It will do one of two things.

A) We'll lose a relatively few people to protect the lives of a 1/4 billion. While it seems insensitive of me, I think most people in Iraq, realize what they are fighting for. And as Spock likes to think, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

B) The war will drag on like the Russian war in Afghanistan. No clear winner or loser, and things will begin again with different people in a different location. The war will just continue until finally we pull the abundance of troops out Iraq, but keep enough there to maintain an American presence.

No matter what, George's plan is going to results that will not be negative, and this is coming from a liberal.

(is this the longest rant ive ever written?)

Wow Reiko that was well thought out. I don't think Dems are trying to destroy the world I think they're more concerned with putting one over on Bush then they are with doing what's best for the country. If the Dems were fighting on capitol hill right now to fix social security, actually win the war (I think the current plan calls for a complete withdrawal in 18ish months regardless) or anything which makes us stronger as a country I wouldn't be so harsh on them. But this pot and kettle politics is ruining our country and it must be considered that things which the GOP felt was acceptable by Clinton are now severely unconstitutional and grounds of impeachment now that you have a Republican in office (see recked's justices thread). It's the Dems who are currently doing this and that's the only fair thing to say about it.

This conflict with Iraq cannot be won with our military. While military presence is required for victory the "fort" we have to conquer is hearts and minds. That is being won by the schools we build, the neighborhoods we clean up, etc. And the contractors who do this work, who Carry the most lethal weapon to terrorism (hope) need our boys protecting them while they're there.

Last edited:
even ill say. clinton was in the right place at the right time.....economies always surge and die....he just happened to be in the seat at the right time. on top of that, bill had some dark times (and im not referring to monica) that make me question whether or not id want him back.

Clinton is actually a big part of Bush's poor public opinion.

People say when you talk To Clinton you feel like the only other person in the world. Meanwhile Bush is one of the worst communicators ever to "sit the thrown". All politics aside, that's a hard act to follow and it's hurt him. If he had Clinton's swager his public opinion would be well over 50% right now

Yeah and Clinton never said "[bush/]The war began on my watch, but its going to end on your watch[bush]" what a bitch.

You sent our beloved troops in there in the first place. Now wake the fuck up and bring them home SAFELY.

this wouldn't be the first war to span more then one presidency. It is never implied that if you send troops to war they have to be home by the time you leave office

captions008.jpg

this wouldn't be the first war to span more then one presidency. It is never implied that if you send troops to war they have to be home by the time you leave office
True

But this whole war started because of a terrorist act that was committed by people from that country.

And Bush's excuse WOMD.
Where?
Still havent found any, or found any thing that can produce a WOMD.

and that's the basis of my argument, all of that doesn't give us the right to leave before the job is done and done right.

^^^I agree with you sort of.

We never had the right to go in there in the first place.
It was a terrorist act by members of that country.
Not by the country!

God dammit we really need a political thread!!!

Clinton is actually a big part of Bush's poor public opinion.

People say when you talk To Clinton you feel like the only other person in the world. Meanwhile Bush is one of the worst communicators ever to "sit the thrown". All politics aside, that's a hard act to follow and it's hurt him. If he had Clinton's swager his public opinion would be well over 50% right now

agreed completely. Clinton was an incredible Orator.

^^^I agree with you sort of.

We never had the right to go in there in the first place.
It was a terrorist act by members of that country.
Not by the country!

God dammit we really need a political thread!!!

This is a thread. You mean a Political Venue, aka a forum for it?

Back