How long did it take?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

Just wanting see some numbers on how long it REALLY takes to do an H22a engine swap. The shop i got to do mine took almost 2 months to do mine, and i know it dont take nearly that long to the swap. Thats why i wish i would have had the time to do it myself, but i didnt so i let a shop do it, and i regret it.

H22 swaps suck. the last one i did was into a 4th gen prelude. took the better part of 3 days.

but definitely not 1 1/2 months right?...lol...

a shop should be able to blast out a full swap with 1 technician in 2 days. Maybe another day or two if problems come up, or your stock crap is rusted stuck.

Quoted post[/post]]
a shop should be able to blast out a full swap with 1 technician in 2 days. Maybe another day or two if problems come up, or your stock crap is rusted stuck.

that's the only reason mine took forever. the exhaust bolts were stripped so i had to cut it with a sawz-all. the double pipe exhaust was a bitch to cut through. almsot all swaps should be done in 2 days.

well, luckily i was able to get everything squared away with this business...as far as the invoice i had...i still owed them $450...but i was able to wipe the slate clean with them and we are going our separate ways...thank God...now i just gotta get the parts i need for my car so i can get this swap finished...since they werent able to...

what do you need still. that's why i will be very very careful on doing a swap without just buying a clip. plus clips come with a bunch of cool jdm shit like steering wheels, shift knobs, maybe a good intake and header.

yea...when i first found that i needed a new engine (my f22's crank broke in half...dont ask me how that happened...i wasnt even really gettin on it)....but after that happened...i really didnt know shit...and it sucks cuz now that ive went through all of this...ive learned so much and what i COULD have done...buying a front clip would have prollie been my best bet...grrrrr

anyways...what im lacking from the shop is an ECU and Conversion Harness...

what has just happened though, is my auto tranny went bad...so i am now in need of an automatic tranny and the TCU that runs it...

other than those parts...i think they did the swap ok...im still gonna run over everything and check it out...

with the amazing help from TAB's H22 manual which i was the proud first reciepient of the first copy (lol)..... it took me about a week for everything be done. that didnt include wiring the bitch up tho. that took another 2 days

cool.. my car is in shop right now.. they are working to swap h22a into my 99 accord.. it has been there since 1 and half weeks.. they already unload the stock engine and waiting for the custom mount to get ready install h22a into my accord.. the shop said im the one of rare swap h22a into 2000 accords.

Back