How long did your swap take?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidious_14

I dident see this covered anywhere Im going to ask. How long did your swap take you and how much experience did you have? IM trying to see how long I should take off work to do it. Thanks

The first time with waiting for parts 2 weeks.

After the parts were all there I did it in 8 hours pulled it out to replace the clutch a week later and it took 6 hours.

That was my first swap ever.

took me about 3 solid days of working, with help from a few of my homies. this was to pull out a usdm b16(blew up) and dropping a jdm b16 block, with my usdm b16a3 head on top. it was great, till the install.. thats where we hit a few snags, and ran into waiting for the machine shop to finish milling my head, and so on.

acutal wiring changes and motor install took 2 days(3 cans of copenhagen), at a very slow relaxed pace- Waiting for the cat converter that martell brothers fucked up for me lasted another 6 weeks

the guy i had do mine took about 2 months, and he works for honda as a mechanic. my friend took his to a shop and it took them a week. i guess it depends on how much you have to change. stock to stock should take a couple of days. but the more things are different the longer it will take.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 23 2004, 11:51 AM
11 months and counting.....

lol
[post=393917]Quoted post[/post]​

damn man, whats the hold up?
I hate to sound like a noob but Ive been shown the basic steps of how to do it and if IM not working and Im not in school and can focus on just swapping with everything I need at hand Im confident it wont take much more then 2 days. Ive helped do swaps on non hondas before and I replaced my axles not too long ago after I saw that greese was flug all around the inside of my rim, so I feel that I have some sense of whats going on.

Thanks for all of your replies

6 hours of straight work, if you know what you're doing. Give yourself a weekend.

Research the tools, parts, and process.

Have the tools you need.

Have a manual.

Have a buddy or two.

Have a manual

Have a manual.

Research the process.

Have a manual.

Have the fluids (oil, coolant, brake ((for clutch line)).

Have a manual.

yeah, Ive been reading out the ass on everything I could find on the topic. Since its a non vtec obd2-obd2 swap it doesnt seem like it will get too hairy.

Originally posted by sidious_14@Sep 23 2004, 10:45 AM
yeah, Ive been reading out the ass on everything I could find on the topic. Since its a non vtec obd2-obd2 swap it doesnt seem like it will get too hairy.
[post=393971]Quoted post[/post]​

B series into a civic....

i can do them in under 4 hours, thats providid that i have everything, and there are no snags...

does that include changing some key parts. such as timing belt, clutch, and water pump. because if you swap an older engine those will be the first things to break. and as we all know, that if the timing belt breaks your engine is fucked.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Sep 23 2004, 03:22 PM
does that include changing some key parts. such as timing belt, clutch, and water pump. because if you swap an older engine those will be the first things to break. and as we all know, that if the timing belt breaks your engine is fucked.
[post=394002]Quoted post[/post]​

Not exeactly.

It took me a week swap Auto-Manual plus a direct drop in LS engine into my Integra.

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 23 2004, 01:57 PM-->
ef9civicgen4
@Sep 23 2004, 03:22 PM
[post=394002]Quoted post[/post]​

Not exeactly.

It took me a week swap Auto-Manual plus a direct drop in LS engine into my Integra.
[post=394010]Quoted post[/post]​

did my auto to manual conversion with few friends help in 8 hours
tricky part was to wire up the brake lights and reverse then trick the auto ecu to work with a 5 speed tranny~~ LOL

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 23 2004, 02:41 PM
6 hours of straight work, if you know what you're doing. Give yourself a weekend.

Research the tools, parts, and process.

Have the tools you need.

Have a manual.

Have a buddy or two.

Have a manual

Have a manual.

Research the process.

Have a manual.

Have the fluids (oil, coolant, brake ((for clutch line)).

Have a manual.
[post=393969]Quoted post[/post]​

six hours is a little quick, but a weekend is about right if your a good wrencher. Have beer, have a buddy, have a manual, and have the right parts, and you'll be fine. My first swap (mine own swap) I did the clutch the weekend before, (timeing belt and waterpump were basicly new at only 20k miles on each). I was still in HS, and I pulled my engine completly by myself that friday after school (started around 4). I finished at like oneish at night, dead fucking tired. The next day, I had a shit load of freinds over helping me put it in. Before they came, I cleaned up the engine bay with some clearner, so that took an hour out of working. By the end of that saturday, I had the engine in completely minus like 2 wires, axles, and fluids. I basicly finished it that Sunday, however, my tirerod threads were fucked up from banging on it, so I had to wait until honda could order a new one. That saturady, I took my car for the frist drive.

Took about 1 Day Straight to pull my D-Series out and put in H22 Turbo Setup in my 93 Civic. Car was not previously turbo'd so it took longer.

My first swap took me a week as I had to wait for parts from honda. However I only worked on the car for two days durring that week.

four months and counting finally got it back together and it is in just got to put the rear mount in and i am good i hope -=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back