1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does USPS take?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by K2e2vin, Feb 8, 2006.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Last week I purchased a 92-95 EX differential assembly from a guy that lives about 2 hours away; paid with paypal. He earlier(about 2 weeks earlier, still during January) tried to send me a differential but said the box broke so it was sent back to him(I was told it would be shipped monday on 1/30, but then says he will ship it the next day on tuesday 1/31; the differential was supposidly shipped back to him on 2/1; the next day). He asked me if I just wanted a full refund or to get another differential. Now, he told me when I first talked to him he had a 92-95 transmission and a 96-00 transmission; both EXs. He now says he has another Z6 transmission(Z6=92-95...), but couldn't get the differential out. I told him if he can get it out by today then just send it, if not, give me a refund. Fast forward to Friday, 2/3, he tells me he was able to get it out and is sending it out(this is about 10minutes till 3pm).

Now the main question; Is USPS that fuckin slow???Or is this guy lying???? I should also note that I had also purchased a Si countershaft, it was paid/shipped out on 1/31 and arrived on 2/3; from Berea, Ky(500 miles away, about 8 hour drive..only 3days in transit..and no it wasn't Priority...I received a shift knob from MI in 3days...that was via Priority).

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

you;re being lied to...

but why would you ship something thats only 2 hours away?

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

because that weekend i had to go 1 1/2 hours the opposite direction to pick up my transmission.

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

son, you've been lied to. Why would he offer a refund or "another transmission" just because shipping is a pain in the ass ?

-> Steve

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

take your money and run...

6. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

parcel post = 3-5 days (usually 5)
    priority mail = 2-3 days

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

he said the differential got dropped and may not be good anymore.

If it doesn't come in tomorrow, im going to file a claim with paypal.

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Just an update; day before yesterday i woke up to find out mailman had came but no packages(im very cranky in the morning/after i wake up); I got pissed and told the guy i was going to file a claim. He was cool about it and told me not to file a claim; he sent me a refund(I just pay him when I get it). The diff. is still not here, but since I had to wait so long he's offering a discount price when it arrives.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to this guy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted