how low should i go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cointelpro

i am going to get an alignment this weekend and i was thinking of lowering my back end 1.25 inchs and my front 1.5 inches in order to slam more weight on the front and get more traction up there, then a friend of mine told me to do it the other way to accomidate the weight of the engine and the shift when i accelerate. so which would you suggest for a daily driver? 1.5 in the front, 1.25 in the back, or 1.25 in the front 1.5 in the back.

thanks.

if the sparks aren't flying...you ain't low enough...

TPP would be proud of me. :D

wow good fuckin job answering my question!!!! i guess ill just go 1.5 all around. lets make some more smart ass remarks guys, it will be fun and will add to the ever present bullshit on this forum.

the 1.25 rear and 1.5 front was a better idea ... you want some forward rake

my 97 Civic with a 4" drop..i used Ground Control coilovers:

s3e769ed657579.jpg

still not low enough tho <_<

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 26 2003, 01:51 AM
the 1.25 rear and 1.5 front was a better idea ... you want some forward rake

yeah, i forgot the numbers on how low mine is. Good rule of thumb, top of the tire at the bottom of the fender. looks good, handles good without too much fear of scraping, and you can still align it without rubbing (depending on wheels/tire). Mine is a tight 1 finer gap in the front, and about 1 1/2 fingers in the rear. When in doubt, the finger method never fails (in more ways than one :D )

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Dec 27 2003, 04:38 PM
When in doubt, the finger method never fails (in more ways than one :D )

:lol: :werd:

i had (need to re-adjust now that the springs have settled a little) about a 2 finger gap front and rear
looks good, handles good, no rubbing :)

Ive got ground controls, and i lowered all wheels so the top of the tire is right at the edge of the bottom of the fender. There's about enough room to fit a piece of paper in between. No rubbing on stock 14s and brand spankin tires with lots of meat.

Camber kit and alignment to follow.... lol the tires look like this: / \

and your handling and traction will bother be worse off then if you were at a normal ride height...

my car is too low too. once its road-ready this year, i will be raising it up some... if my mad tit3 JDM piece of shit tein's allow me too... :-/

fuck the only thing i car about is having the car in a good looking position and without rubbing the fuck out of the tires my civic and friends rub in the back with full camber kit. so to compinsate for that we leave the tires off -2 degrees in the back also allows for better traction on corners. his is awesome with skunk2 coilover and KYB shocks and skunk2 strut bars. i personally still need to get the shocks.

Back