?how Low!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almightyaccord

Ok i am wondering how low do you guys think i should go b/c i want to be low but i dont want to mess up my car now. So should i go with.............1.75Front and 1.5Rear or 2.2Front and 2.0Rear.

1.75 and 1.5, but usually it is the other way around - 1.5 front and 1.75 rear. That is because there is far more weight in front, therefore, for an equal ride height the rear is dropped a bit more. That goes more for springs than coilovers.

no the front is supposed to be slightly lower than the rear
its called "rake"

generally if the car is ballanced correctly the front will be slightly lower than the rear
so it helps with weight distribution
that helps with traction and handling
also at speed having the front slightly lower than the rear is better for aerodynamics (less air goes under the car... less lift)

my car is set to 6 inches ground to chasis in the rear and 5.5 inches ground to chasis in the front
and SixtySecondAssassin if you could look at my car and tell there is 1/2 inch height difference between the front and rear... you really should be an architect or something :rolleyes:

ya I didn't know it was called "rake", but I knew the concept. However I'm not really wrong, the concept is still right, I was just thinking cosmetically instead of technically. I'll slip and do that sometimes

<--- ricer

Originally posted by almightyaccord@May 29 2003, 09:06 PM
Ok i am wondering how low do you guys think i should go b/c i want to be low but i dont want to mess up my car now. So should i go with.............1.75Front and 1.5Rear or 2.2Front and 2.0Rear.

check out the eibach sportline spring specs for your car. they're designed to be the lowest you can go on the street without being unsafe. on my crx, they are 1.75" front and 1.5" rear. i MUST take socal driveways on a diagonal or else i scrape. (we have rain gutters at the bottom of all our driveways here). i also scrape slightly on tall speedbumps. my wheel and tire sizes are stock (for an si).

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 29 2003, 09:16 PM
generally if the car is ballanced correctly the front will be slightly lower than the rear
so it helps with weight distribution
that helps with traction and handling
also at speed having the front slightly lower than the rear is better for aerodynamics (less air goes under the car... less lift)

my car is set to 6 inches ground to chasis in the rear and 5.5 inches ground to chasis in the front
and SixtySecondAssassin if you could look at my car and tell there is 1/2 inch height difference between the front and rear... you really should be an architect or something :rolleyes:

i think he edited his post. it originally said 'what will lowering the back more than the front do'. im sorry i upset you. and im not and architect im an engineer.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@May 30 2003, 05:38 PM
im sorry i upset you.

nah not at all .... im just a suspension / handling freak (one of the few on here that like turning more than drag racing)

and im not and architect im an engineer.

close enough ;) lol

2.2 in the front and 2.5 in the rear or whatever it was, but for sure get it more than 1.75, its not all that noticeable. Just make sure you get good coilovers/springs and shocks, don't go for the cheap maxspeed or R1 stuff.

i know the shop ... i did their network for them (with help from B) so i didnt pay much ... dont remember how much it was

but anyway ... they put each tire on a scale and with you in the car make adjustments to the hight of each corner untill you get perfect balance or very close to it

60-40 front to rear
50-50 side to side
50-50 corner to corner

i dont know where you are so i cant really recomend anywhere ... but ask around locally for shops that work with autocross and road course racers they should have the equipment (go to an autoX or HPDE and ask around there if your having trouble finding shops)

Back