how many of you are using the "missinglink"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johncarlos

hi my car is almost done and the more i read i see people using the "AEM EMS" or the Hondata system i never here about the missinglink why?
i am using the missinglink but if someone can tell me what is really good & bad
about this product i might just concider something else.thanks

The missing link is simply a check valve that goes between your MAP sensor and the manifold and prevents the MAP from seeing any boost. You only want this if you're using an FMU because the stock ECU will go, "whoa, fuck this shit..." and throw a CEL if it sees any boost. If you're using any type of electronic fuel system, be it the EMS, Hondata, ZDyne, AFC hack, or SES EIC, you want to allow your MAP to see boost.

ok so if am using a adjustable fpr and my v-afc i cam boost high? i want to put down 300-400whp max can i get to this power level with the stock ecu and the missinglink?why don't alot of people use it?oh am going to use the greddy 440 or the 450cc injectors havent made up my mind on what am going to get.but i heard that my v-afc won't be able to get the 550's to idle right is that so?

OK whoa whoa... We're all over the place here.

First off, the *ONLY* time you want to use a Missing Link is if you're running an FMU. And FMU is a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that will raise fuel pressure in boost ONLY. An FPR does the same thing, but only works in vacuum. Since you're going with an AFC, you DO NOT need a Missing Link. Before I can answer any more of your questions, I need to know what engine and what turbo you plan on using.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 9 2004, 03:19 PM
You only want this if you're using an FMU because the stock ECU will go, "whoa, fuck this shit..." and throw a CEL if it sees any boost.

why is the ecu a ghetto potty mouf? Why not [Yale voice] "hmm Im scrutinizing that I am getting the impression of a bantam of boost, maybe I should address my driving companion about this."

j/k :D

Originally posted by SolPWR+Feb 9 2004, 05:46 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@Feb 9 2004, 03:19 PM
You only want this if you're using an FMU because the stock ECU will go, "whoa, fuck this shit..." and throw a CEL if it sees any boost.

why is the ecu a ghetto potty mouf? Why not [Yale voice] "hmm Im scrutinizing that I am getting the impression of a bantam of boost, maybe I should address my driving companion about this."

j/k :D

Because it's a Honda, and Hondas are owned by ghetto children. :) When I'd put Toulene in my Civic, it'd go, [dave chappell voice]"Mmmm mmm, bitch!"[/dave chappell voice]

My AllTrac, though, is much more dignified and won't even pull into the same gas station as a Honda. :p It wants segregated pumps- "Honda" pumps and "AllTrac" pumps.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 9 2004, 05:49 PM

Because it's a Honda, and Hondas are owned by ghetto children. :) When I'd put Toulene in my Civic, it'd go, [dave chappell voice]"Mmmm mmm, bitch!"[/dave chappell voice]

LMFAO :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 9 2004, 01:19 PM

excellent impression of what the ECU would say if it saw boost. :D

yes and no.

#1 - 10.65psi is the limit of the factory 2-bar map sensor on obd1/2 cars. it is less on obd0. any more than that, and you are going to need to run the GM 3-bar map sensor.
in order to run your car- like idel and shit- you need a computer that can READ a 3-bar map sensor's voltage- IE, a hondata, or ems.

#2 - you will never make 400 whp off a vafc hack.
#3 - 440 cc injectors top out at about 250-275 whp on stock rail pressure.
#4 - A lot of people don't use it, because its by definition a hack. It tricks your ecu, and it sends it false info based on voltage levels controlled by the afc. using a hondata/ems, you actually take the reading, and USE it to compensate your cars fuel, etc at any given time.

#5 - 550s won't idel well if at all on a vafc hack- but more so, the -30% that the vafc allows isn't going to be enough to "kill down" the larger injector at low rpms. and running rich is slow.

#6 - I think you need to really re think your setup. Start with a goal - a power level. you want 300-400 hp... well, most people don't run more than 350-ish off pump gas. after that, you're talking race gas, and $5.99 a gallon. Can it be done- sure. off a vafc hack? hell fucking no.

#7 - everything that loco said above :)

ok what do you concider a v-afc hack? i tought that was when you use the dsm injectors.am not using the dsm injuctors i was using the greddy but not sure on what size to go with yet because i don't to get really large injectors.

the motor is a h22a with fully built bottomend and all the fuel upgrades i needed.
the turbo is a turbonetics t3/t4oe .60 trim.

my goal is 300whp but if i get a little more even better.
can i use the v-afc and the afc together so i can pull more fuel out that way i can use bigger injectors right?

name brand of inectors is meaningless.
by definition, the hack is when you run the vafc at like -30% with larger injectors- thus, tricking the map sensor voltage, all the while still delivering more fuel.

read more about it on thedropshop.tv

a vafc IS a afc with vtec croosover controls.

if you're fully built, why do you want to skimp on the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of forced induction- fuel management.

id rather have a hondata and a stock block
then a sleeved, pistons/rods combo and a hack or fmu

Back