1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many of you have legal smogs??

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Dustin_m, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Like the title says, how many of you have legal or illegal smogs and whats your setups, i'm wondering because i want to see what will and what won't pass smog. BTW i'm in Cali. Oh yeah and if you have a swap, did you get it ref'd or can you pass it anyways.
    Thanks

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

my car passed smog in cali, here is what i had.
    b16a2, skunk2 stage1 cams, skunk2 intake mani, bored tb, mugen thin head gasket, aem cai, dc 4-1 header, tanabe cat back, and a vafc (hidden in glove box, this was really the only non smog piece). put 171hp to the front wheels that way.
    EDIT:
    and yes, i was ref'd, they give you a cute little BAR sticker for your door jam.

3. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

i'm in SoCal and i finally got it smogged like 3-4 weeks ago. i got a b16a2, itr cams, 4-1 dc header, aem short ram intake. i'm putting about 287.3hp to the wheels...j/k...more like 150 on a cold ass day with a 50-shot of nitrous...:p
    no, on a serious note...i got my car legally smogged by some guy who didn't really care about the visual inspection. he just put my car on the rollers and tested it. it passed with flying colors. oh yeah, i retarded the fuck out of the timing before i went to the place though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted