How many people...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am a diesel/heavy equipment mechanic. It does make quite a bit more money, but you have to like long hours and working outside, especially in winter. I'd rather work as an auto mechanic in a nice warm shop!

no way. :)
i probably do almost 20 hours a week (12-14 comuting, 2-4 on the weekends,night, etc)

i love that car. :)
Well I did say the train is no where near as cool as an M.
get your ass up to the city. there's tons of jobs still
Not in communications. Only friend I know with a new job in communications is a drop dead bombshell that works at a PR firm. Must have been her resume...

I think I'm going to talk to one of the Corp. guys at our office because I would like to stay with the company (URS. think Haliberton but nowhere near as big). If that's not possible I've pretty much told my parents I would give it about 6 months. That will get me out of debt, put some coin in the bank, and make me sure I want to leave or stay.

I'll be in the new job market the whole time just to see what is out there. At the moment the only other thing I have on my plate is business to business sales with Aflac. I think I would enjoy the job and be good at it but it's a straight commission paycheck. My parents are completely against commission only, but what do you guys think?

depends i work on cars all day but it will burn you out if its not your passion....... theres nothing like having all the right tools during the week and then being pissed all weekend cause you dont have any of the right shit so your constanetly busting knuckles, it makes everything interesting.

Well I did say the train is no where near as cool as an M.
Not in communications. Only friend I know with a new job in communications is a drop dead bombshell that works at a PR firm. Must have been her resume...

I think I'm going to talk to one of the Corp. guys at our office because I would like to stay with the company (URS. think Haliberton but nowhere near as big). If that's not possible I've pretty much told my parents I would give it about 6 months. That will get me out of debt, put some coin in the bank, and make me sure I want to leave or stay.

I'll be in the new job market the whole time just to see what is out there. At the moment the only other thing I have on my plate is business to business sales with Aflac. I think I would enjoy the job and be good at it but it's a straight commission paycheck. My parents are completely against commission only, but what do you guys think?

I think in a relatively stagnant market with business credit and operating cash flows drying up it would be a gigantic mistake to get into a commission only job, especially in a B2B situation. Although, it depends on the industry. You said Aflac so I assume you would be peddling commercial insurance policies. You would at least want to take home a modest paycheck JUST IN CASE, yknow...

I think in a relatively stagnant market with business credit and operating cash flows drying up it would be a gigantic mistake to get into a commission only job, especially in a B2B situation. Although, it depends on the industry. You said Aflac so I assume you would be peddling commercial insurance policies. You would at least want to take home a modest paycheck JUST IN CASE, yknow...
Aflac's biggest seller is supplemental insurance. I wouldn't do it now though. Like I said, I'm going to stay at my current job for about 6 months, then go from there.

Contact a head hunter.

Get on linkedin.

Look to start small and move your way up somewhere where a BA/BS is required but not a specific degree.

My step bro's best friend works for verizon. He's network technician now, but just recently moved from sales. Easily a 70k income doing b2b sales.

Seriously. It doesn't normally involve beer, chain smoking, masturbation breaks, fast food runs, etc. thus, the fun is removed.

do you have a camera in my garage???:ph34r:

<- turning a wrench for a living for too many years...now it's finally paying off. :D

Ya. I recommend that everyone with an interest in cars take a year to do it for a living. It will provide you with so much valuable knowledge.

working on cars for a living sucks just like anyother job its no fun if its not yours.

Yes, mechanics... A delicate art of precision tools and smacking it with a hammer until it works. (At least in MY driveway)

Well I work at a parts store...but I am only finishing high school....dream is to open my own performance shop in the city, don't know if thats actually going to happen though ^_^

i technically turn a wrenc for a living,sometimes the shit gets old though

amen working at dealership you see the same thing every day it seems we have at least two newer altimas a week needing a new flex plate im surprised nissan never recalled it

The only two tools a good mechanic needs are Duct Tape and a hammer. If it doesn't move and it should hit it with a hammer until it does, if it does move and it shouldn't use the tape.

Back