How many time have you been pulled over?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pulled over 4 times, got a speeding tickect for one. 47 in a 40, and the other three where all in the same week for such dumbass reasons I dont even remember.

they can look at anything that is in plain sight, and anything you give them permission to look at... thats it... they cant open anything on their own without a warrant or just cause...

and just cause is not popping your hood because you have a modified exhaust... just cause is tearing your car apart because the drug sniffing dog went ape shit when it got to your passenger seat cushion... just cause is popping your trunk because they hear someone kicking at the lid from inside...

if you are clean and you know they wont find anything to hold against you, feel free to be as non compliant as you want... they will try to run all sorts of shit by you to trick you into complying... when you tell them you are not popping your trunk or hood, or that you DO mind if they look around the car, they will almost always say something about how your saying that you dont want them to gives them just cause to do it... thats bullshit... tell them to produce a warrant and you want a lawyer present... they are going to become real dick bags at this point... they are going to keep you there as long as possible and they are going to keep trying to trick you... stop talking to them... anything they say should be answered with "i want my (a) lawyer"... they are probably going to get a dog down there to sniff around your car... they are going to make it hell... and when they dont find anything, they are going to be pissed... because they KNOW you were hiding something... you will likely be pulled over and harassed often after this... stay clean, stick with the non compliance, and keep a log of every time you were pulled over, for what, by who, etc... this will build up a good harassment case if your lawyer is worth a shit

i use to be like everyone else...
-- do you have anything int he car? (what am i going to find on you)
-- no officer, nothing (shit i hope not)
-- do you mind if i look around the car? (i dont believe you)
-- no of course not (please violate my 4th amendment rights)

-- do you know why i pulled you over?
-- i didnt come to a complete stop??

-- do you know how fast you were going?
-- i dont know... about 80??

-- done any drinking tonight?
-- i had one or two a few hours ago

now, i dont comply to any of that shit... aside from license, registration and insurance they get nothing from me

-- do you have anything in the car?
(this one is tricky depending on whether or not im carrying)
-- (if not carrying) no (if carrying) i have a concealed firearm, my permit is in my wallet, what would you like me to do?
-- do you mind if i look around the car?
-- what probable cause do you have?... or... -- i do not concent to you searching my vehicle
-- blah blah blah
-- i do not agree to this unwaranted search, and i would like a lawyer present

-- no (hand the cop my L/R/I)

-- no

-- where are you going to/coming from?
-- with all due respect officer, that is none of your business and if i am going to be questioned further i would like a lawyer present.

16: 45ish in a 35 (S10)
16?: "Expired tags" (Explorer12am, curfew violation, cracked windshield, faulty exhaust, probably thought i was gonna shoot him because my window wouldn't go down)
17: 35 in a 15 (Friends Golf, i was goin through the twisties. wanted to search my car because i pulled into a parking spot and thought i was dealing. Shoulda seen her face when i told her :eek:)
17: Excessive speed, (Mom's stratus, trying to get it back for her to go to work. Honda was broke. Never clocked me, just knew i was speeding)
17: No front plate (Honda, the screw holes are stripped out, guilty)

Never got pulled over in my bmw which surprises the hell outta me with all the times i tried to max it out. (I was dumb and 16) Never got a ticket either.

Hmm...I'm 22, I got my liscence when I was 18. I've been pulled over 14 times. I've received 2 tickets. Anyone smell that? It's bullshit. Lol. I've been searched twice. My car has been searched twice. I've had my hood popped a few times, and just recently been sent to the state ref. My first ticket was in a Ford Focus...hated that car, but that cost me $1200. 97 in 65, foreign registration, and no insurance. Second ticket, the most recent in my 89 CRX, , is costing me $1700. 75 in a 45 over a bridge, excesivley (sp?) loud exhaust, emmisions, no insurance. This time I did have insurance, I just didn't have my card on me, so the cop was an ass (as usual), and got me for everything he could. So atleast it will drop that to about $1000 instead of $1700. So what about you guys? Get harrassed alot? I sure do.

Stop doing 30+ over and you won't get harassed... seems like a simple concept to me.

I've been stopped 3 times and been given tickets.. September (15 over) and October (21 over) of 2000, and January (23 over) of 2001.

Pulled over once more in 2005 or 06 (can't remember) because I'd forgot to turn my headlights on when I left my friends house at 1 am. By the time the cop caught back up to me and pulled me I'd already turned them on so he just let me go.

So in reality, a total of 4 times with 3 resulting in tickets for speeding. My advice is slow your fuckin' role with the gas pedal.

Never been pulled over.

I bumped a car for the first time a few months ago, too. Pulling out of Fry's Electronics, heavy foot traffic so I'm backing out watching for people on the sides. Another guy straight across the aisle from me doing the same thing. :p Only touched at like 0.5mph, no damage to either car and we both laughed it off, but I'm still upset about my first incident. :p

44 speeding tickets. Misclaneous others. License suspended twice. Jailed 3 times over it.

Ticket free for 4 years now though! Enjoying my "good driver" discount on my insurance!

some where in the range of 15-20 times(military ID got me out of at least 8), i've had my license for maybe 4yrs total since i was 16...i'm almost 25 now, my most recent (2 weeks ago) was 104 in a 55.. loosing it again very soon!
-drive fast take chances!

Stop doing 30+ over and you won't get harassed... seems like a simple concept to me.

I've been stopped 3 times and been given tickets.. September (15 over) and October (21 over) of 2000, and January (23 over) of 2001.

Pulled over once more in 2005 or 06 (can't remember) because I'd forgot to turn my headlights on when I left my friends house at 1 am. By the time the cop caught back up to me and pulled me I'd already turned them on so he just let me go.

So in reality, a total of 4 times with 3 resulting in tickets for speeding. My advice is slow your fuckin' role with the gas pedal.

But that's the thing. About 10 of the 14 times I was pulled over, I was doing nothing wrong. Their reason for pulling me over was my modified exhaust...it always seems to be the same reason. I rarely speed anymore because I know they are always looking for any little reason to pull me over...the cops in my town SERIOUSLY have nothing to do.

they can look at anything that is in plain sight, and anything you give them permission to look at... thats it... they cant open anything on their own without a warrant or just cause...

and just cause is not popping your hood because you have a modified exhaust... just cause is tearing your car apart because the drug sniffing dog went ape shit when it got to your passenger seat cushion... just cause is popping your trunk because they hear someone kicking at the lid from inside...

if you are clean and you know they wont find anything to hold against you, feel free to be as non compliant as you want... they will try to run all sorts of shit by you to trick you into complying... when you tell them you are not popping your trunk or hood, or that you DO mind if they look around the car, they will almost always say something about how your saying that you dont want them to gives them just cause to do it... thats bullshit... tell them to produce a warrant and you want a lawyer present... they are going to become real dick bags at this point... they are going to keep you there as long as possible and they are going to keep trying to trick you... stop talking to them... anything they say should be answered with "i want my (a) lawyer"... they are probably going to get a dog down there to sniff around your car... they are going to make it hell... and when they dont find anything, they are going to be pissed... because they KNOW you were hiding something... you will likely be pulled over and harassed often after this... stay clean, stick with the non compliance, and keep a log of every time you were pulled over, for what, by who, etc... this will build up a good harassment case if your lawyer is worth a shit

i use to be like everyone else...
-- do you have anything int he car? (what am i going to find on you)
-- no officer, nothing (shit i hope not)
-- do you mind if i look around the car? (i dont believe you)
-- no of course not (please violate my 4th amendment rights)

-- i didnt come to a complete stop??

-- i dont know... about 80??

-- i had one or two a few hours ago

now, i dont comply to any of that shit... aside from license, registration and insurance they get nothing from me

-- do you have anything in the car?
(this one is tricky depending on whether or not im carrying)
-- (if not carrying) no (if carrying) i have a concealed firearm, my permit is in my wallet, what would you like me to do?
-- do you mind if i look around the car?
-- what probable cause do you have?... or... -- i do not concent to you searching my vehicle
-- blah blah blah
-- i do not agree to this unwaranted search, and i would like a lawyer present

-- no

-- where are you going to/coming from?
-- with all due respect officer, that is none of your business and if i am going to be questioned further i would like a lawyer present.

Yeah, I used to cough up to what I did wrong until I actually figured out I don't have to really tell them jack shit. Admmision of guilt is never a good thing lol.

never have i coughed up what i have done.
i always knew better.
just nod the head and act stupid is what i always did.
i never have anything in my car, and i dont have any warrants or anything out.
i just listen and act stupid.

But that's the thing. About 10 of the 14 times I was pulled over, I was doing nothing wrong. Their reason for pulling me over was my modified exhaust...it always seems to be the same reason. I rarely speed anymore because I know they are always looking for any little reason to pull me over...the cops in my town SERIOUSLY have nothing to do.
One cop in my town has it out for me. He has pulled over my friends and generally is a prick, but I get even "better" treatment.

All goes back to a few years ago. I was hanging out at the local Super Quik Chek. Not loitering or anything, they have tables and chairs for people to hang out and eat or whatever. My little sister pulls into the lot with a car full of people and its 12 at night. She's breaking the new driver curfew and has more than one person in her car(another new driver restriction). She says she's going home right after she drops everyone off. I tell her I'll go drop them off and you go home, there is a cop at the Wawa across the street(I knew it was this prick as well). She goes home, I start to drive these girls home. He follows me down the highway for 5 minutes before he finally lights me up on a side street.

Him-"Where the fuck are you going in such a hurry?"
Me-"Excuse me?"
Him-"Don't fucking lie to me, I clocked you at 80(it was a 50), saw you do that burnout, and caught you running that red light in the shoulder."
Me-"Are you serious?"
Him-"Do you mind if I search the car?"
Me-"Yes I do, I have nothing on me and I have to get these girls home."
He gives me a look like I have a pound of weed up my ass.
Him-"L/R/I"
I hand him it and he goes back to the car. I turn to my friends and ask WTF is this guy talking about? My friend Steve says the dude gave him a speeding ticket the day before for 42 in a 35, when he was going with the flow of traffic. He comes back.
Him-"Your insurance is expired." I look, I handed him the wrong card.
Me-"Sorry, that's the old one, here is the new one."
Him-"Too late, I already wrote the ticket" He hands me a ticket for insurance and wreckless.
Him-"Slow the fuck down or next time I'm impounding your shitty little rice burner."
Me-"Thank you very much Sir(as sarcastically as I can)"

A cop followed me from the Quik Chek to where I was pulled over. No way I would do any of that. Not to mention I had my sister's friends in the car.

I say this is bullshit, I know a lot of Hazlet cops, this shithead isn't getting away with this. I grab my parents (I was only 19 at the time) and head to the station. Come to find out he was staking out the Quik Chek for drug trafficking. I guess him assuming I had drug connections in my near stock Integra is my fault. I file a complaint, he gets in trouble and I got out of the BS tickets. Dude has probably pulled me over 5 times since then. Being at college most of the time, that means like every other time I'm home. Never gives me a ticket for anything, but hassles me, keeps me there forever, and always asks to search my car. I always say no. The last time I actually said, "You have pulled me over enough times to know the answer to that question."

Reason I do nothing about it: Right after the first time and the complaint my father was telling the whole story to a friend. The guys 2 sons(about 5 and 7 years older than me) overhear. They say that kid was the biggest dork in HS. And still a little prick. They told me because he was always such a prick he was thrown in the locker room showers at least every week with all his clothes on. It got to the point that he always had a spare set of clothes in the nurse's office. If it happened twice in one day, he got to go home.

Everytime the guy pulls me over I just imagine him soaking wet, head to toe, and cant help but have a shit eating grin on my face the whole time.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

Reason I do nothing about it: Right after the first time and the complaint my father was telling the whole story to a friend. The guys 2 sons(about 5 and 7 years older than me) overhear. They say that kid was the biggest dork in HS. And still a little prick. They told me because he was always such a prick he was thrown in the locker room showers at least every week with all his clothes on. It got to the point that he always had a spare set of clothes in the nurse's office. If it happened twice in one day, he got to go home.

Everytime the guy pulls me over I just imagine him soaking wet, head to toe, and cant help but have a shit eating grin on my face the whole time.
call him out on it like the stuttering stanely part on the sixth sence.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

haha classic...

fear and loathing is one of my favorites

My brother refused a search one time. Cop wouldn't let it go. He said "you can let me search now, or we can sit here until the judge comes in in the morning and issues a search warrant and I will search it anyway. So my brother said fine. I'll wait.

They sat on the side of the road (brother in cuffs now) from 3am to 10am. Another officer arrives, search warrant in hand, drug dog in the back seat. They search my brother's car for an hour or so, looking inside and outside, every nook and cranny, let the dog mosh all over the fucking car, got hair everywhere.. There wasn't a damn thing in the car that was illegal. They even went so far as to threaten to cut his seats up. All for nothing.

Whats interesting is, the judge issued a search warrant because my brother refused the search. So practicing your rights gives them probable cause? Bullshit.

Last edited:
My brother refused a search one time. Cop wouldn't let it go. He said "you can let me search now, or we can sit here until the judge comes in in the morning and issues a search warrant and I will search it anyway. So my brother said fine. I'll wait.

They sat on the side of the road (brother in cuffs now) from 3am to 10am. Another officer arrives, search warrant in hand, drug dog in the back seat. They search my brother's car for an hour or so, looking inside and outside, every nook and cranny, let the dog mosh all over the fucking car, got hair everywhere.. There wasn't a damn thing in the car that was illegal. They even went so far as to threaten to cut his seats up. All for nothing.

Whats interesting is, the judge issued a search warrant because my brother refused the search. So practicing your rights gives them probable cause? Bullshit.

That's the only way to get back at them in that kind of situation... Make them waste all that time. Awesome. :)

That's awesome.

I drive a red S14 with maxium (legal) tint and custom wheels, I play my music very loud and I look like I'm 19.

I haven't been pulled over since the year 2000, when I was rightfully written a ticket for an illegal pass.

Try obeying traffic law, works wonders for me!

Back