How much are these worth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Alright well I'm here at my moms house on vacation and came across a few things in my old bedroom. I found an old poster of Tommy Aldridge, the drummer for Whitesnake. It's autographed to me and has been in a poster frame since i got it. not really loking to sell it, jsut wondering if anyone on here collects stuff like this or might know what, if anything, it is worth. The other things are old artwork from high school. I used to do lead pencil drawings a lot, and i am thinking about picking it up again just do sell them. I got a few offers from people and wa affered some good cash to draw for them, but i was in HS and never took it seriously. The drwings are pretty big, the eclipse is about 15x20 or so, and the civic and camaro are a little smaller. If i get into it again i was jsut gonna do smaller ones, more of a regular size that i could buy frames for. then i could produce more and the framing would cost less. I also would probably do more classic cars since they would sell better, unless someone wants a specific car done.

basically if you guysd like these drawings, what would you pay for one?

Here is the poster first:
s40b65d5650925.jpg

now the drawings:
my first one, an eclipse from an autocannon ad
s40b65f9738299.jpg

s40b6607083d76.jpg

a civic from a kaminari ad
s40b660c67ef56.jpg

s40b66103704f5.jpg

and a 69 camaro, still unfinished
s40b66160b71c7.jpg

only in my dreams would i be able to have your artistic talent.

i have been trying for years to produce something remotely good.. actually, i tried drawing my car last night, and it didnt work out so well..

anyhoo, good luck on sellin!

thanks 90accord. I've always been into art, but it took me a while to find what i was good at, which is the lead drawings. But as with anything, there is a lot of room for me to improve. I would really like to add backgrounds to my drawings, but never have teh imagination to do it.

Why dont you list something on ebay saying the winner can pick any car he wants for you to draw even if it's their own car? just have them send you a picture and tell them it will take X many days

if you have good feedback I'd go for it if I was in the market

how big are the pictures? I wouldnt mind having a framed 350Z =)

Yeah, you won't sell a Camaro poster to a Mustang owner, but if someone wanted good work done of their own car, they'd probably pay a lot.

For the first try on Ebay, I'd way overcharge. You may not get anything. BUT, if you put in keywords like Ferrari, Porsche, Bentley, etc., then some old rich fuck may get you piiiiiizzzzaid. Catch my drift? Don't sell yourself short.

Here's a good example. I used to paint houses. I ended up painting this rich Lawyer's house, who's wife was in the State counsel. They brought in a guy from Italy to lay the tile in their outside hottub!!!! I shit you not, there were three steel plates laid at an angle over a large steel ball. They paid $50,000 for this piece of "Art" which probably took one day to create.

Find someone with money to burn, and exploit them. ;)

draw a 93 4 door integra with rota slips or rota C8's ill give you $10 for it... preferably on 10"X12" or larger paper/canvas whateva

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 27 2004, 08:06 PM
draw a 93 4 door integra with rota slips or rota C8's ill give you $10 for it... preferably on 10"X12" or larger paper/canvas whateva

Not to be a dick, but the decent offers i was talking about were like 75 to 100 for a picture. Of course i would charge nowhere near that for someone on here, i'd do it for a lot cheaper. and this stuff is on watercolor board, which is not paper, its actually compressed cloth soemwhat like canvas, jsut thicker. that shit alone is atleast 10-20 bucks, so then you gotta add in time and other supplies. Wouldnt try to rip someone off here, just gotta make a couple bucks.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the advice Jeffie and Tab. If i get back into it Ill remember the 350z and i'll hit you up to see what you want.

Anyone got an idea about the poster?

damn dude, you got some skills. when i first clicked on the link, i was thinking, these pictures were from a magazine or something, so i was like "why would anyone want to pay for magazine pages?" then i read on. those drawings are very detailed, very very very detailed. I dont know if the drawing-cars thing is gonna make you money. you should look into doing portraits or other types of things to make real money.

yeah, i wouldnt make much if i was selling them to younger people, its mostly older guys that want me to draw old shelbys, mustangs, and so on. Plus if i did it, it would be for a hoppby, so i wouldn't be trying to go where the money is. I'd just do the cars cause i love em, no matter what kind of car it is, and if people don't buy, then oh well, more for me to hang on the wall.
B)

Originally posted by senate_9427@May 28 2004, 02:11 AM
Not to be a dick, but the decent offers i was talking about were like 75 to 100 for a picture. Of course i would charge nowhere near that for someone on here, i'd do it for a lot cheaper.

I'd gladly pay for a drawing of a 1st gen CRX of that quality. I'll contact you when I've got some money. :)

those pictures are really good. you have mad skills my friend. if you have a good imagination an all you can do stuff like chip foose and make mad money.

I didnt realize how much sometime of the nature would cost to create. So you draw it for, Ill buy it... Just let me know how much and when its done... I can most likely buy it this weekend...

i used to be mad artistic....but i stopped drawing... its not that hard to draw those pics with tracing paper and a grid. dont get me wrong those take skill and i bet you could make money

Back