how much boost for an ew?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hi,
im thinking of turboing a EW in a civic
just wondering what sort of boost the stock bottom end would be sweet with and what size turbo also what can i do to my fuel system to make this work

Alex

are we talking a carbed D15A2...if so its gonna be complicated with out an engine swap

It'll be complicated regarless of what he does.

Converting to even DPFi is a difficult task...

I'd say move on, find a cheap EF and work with that.

It's going to cost too much and not be worth the money you'll spend in the end.

"B20A_3rD_GeN_CiviC_HatcH"

there you go swap a b20 in

i say do a g1teg swap and turbo that or if your not into doing all that buy a newer civic and slap a turbo on it

the b20 isnt ready to go in yet need something else to do with this engine in the meantime

its a 1500cc EFI in my 1987 3rd gen u used to be able to buy turbo kits for them i was just wondering what sort of boost the engine will take as i can get all the shit for it on the cheap. but i dnt wanna upgrade ecu i can do it with larger injectors and a ajustable fuel pressure reg can i not?

Check homemadeturbo.com for info on a turboed D15B2. Some guys have done it. The D-series can't take much boost without tuning.

d15b2 is total different motor than EW/d15a3. An IHIRHB5 or a DSM turbo would be good for an ew, im putting a ihi on mine. thinking of try the blow threw carb setup..

you can use bigger injectors an a fmu or w/e it is

www.redpepperracing.com is the site you want for 3rdgen civic info

hmt is good for the basic turbo info you will need

no, it won't. and it will be a bitch and a half to even get in the car.

seriously, you're wasting your time.

Back