how much boost is too much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was wondering when i get my boost controller and clutch how much is a safe boost increase? my setup is a b16a2 with a greddy turbo kit on it with the big intercooler. only other mods are straight pipe with a hyper medallion exhaust.
i drive the car everyday. not ooking too push it too much. whats a safe boost to be running at??
thanks. ;)

the 310s and blue box don't give you much room... 9-10 is about all you really can go to before you simply run out of fuel

that sux. how can i go about increasing the fuel. if i get like an apex fuel controller can i increase the fuel that way or do i have to buy bigger injectors as well.

Fuel controller, bigger injectors ($$$), a bigger pump ($$$), and while youre at it a new fuel filter ($$). <_<

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 8 2003, 04:54 AM
Fuel controller, bigger injectors ($$$), a bigger pump ($$$), and while youre at it a new fuel filter ($$). <_<

ehh the stock fuel pump should be plenty for ~300 whp or more

aftermarket fuel filters are a waste of cash unless you are pumping serious fuel

go with 450cc injectors if you dont plan on making more than 275whp

id say toss the blue box and 310 cc injectors on ebay, pick up some dsm injectors for 50 bucks, get your ecu chipped and run uberdata...its free :)

I'd say the 450cc's upper limits are more like 300 whp, but being paranoid is a good thing sometimes.

And, for the record, there is no such thing as too much boost.

I agree with revolution8k. you need to upgrade your injectors, pump, and fuel mapping software to take advantage of boost. If not all you are doing is straining your engine internals unnessarily. While i agree that there is no such thing as too much boost, there is such a thing as running too lean and blowing your motor. Conservatism is best until you get a boost controller and the proper fuel items. Have fun w/ your turbo!

Back