how much boost to run

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i evertime i refer to psi i was talking about in-cylinder. wouldnt psi at map depend on pipe size? and psi is a has a direct relation to cfm and pipe size?

in-cyl psi really isn't about air though. do a compression test. with the motor off, you can get like 200 psi per cyl.... its really says nothing about boost.

pipe size does matter to an extent... but a 2.5" charge pipe is pretty much standard on all turbo cars in the 2-500 range.

just remember that air VOLUME (cfm's) is what makes power, not a force of pressure (psi) thats pushing it in.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 13 2004, 02:57 AM-->
@Jan 12 2004, 07:19 PM
yea i am getting to get that bitch tuned as soon as i can but right now having problems with injectors and filling my cylanders with gas i think its from the hondata

sounds like your basemap is off, or your injectors are bigger than the base map calls for.

you need to be more specific about your problem for us to help you dude.

yea i think that u are right i think the base program i got is off from what i am using. its kinda hard to describe it i mean when we crank it will the plugs out so that its the only thing that has to work it shoots gas to the ceiling of the garage. i am almost possitive now that it is either the ECU or the programing in the hondata.

you could probably feel real comfortable with hondata and your motor mods running at 10psi. You will need a 3bar map to go over 10psi but unless you are looking to be the fastest thing around I wouldn't venture much above 12 or 13psi.

My personal opinion.

yea thats about what i was goin to run we were goin to real it out and see if i want to boost higher but only after i run it for a while then yea ill get the 3 bar and boost that bitch up. but if i did i might think about getting it sleeved but thats in the future if i get get it to run in the first place

Back