How Much Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
i am going to turbo the b16a in my integra. but first. i would like to know how much psi can i do in a stock b16a without the worries of blowing or messing anything up?

and if i get gsr cams and a turbo head gasket how much psi would i be able to handle?

help me out please :rolleyes:

8-10psi stock. I wouldn't go over. Some people end up boosting more and get away with it and some who have spiked out at 9psi blow it up. Want to be safe, keep it at 6-7psi and make sure your bottomend can handle anymore along with fuel and tuning upgrades.

Milan

how about with the gsr cams and turbo head gasket
how much boost on that

What size turbo? The better the bottom end is bulit, the higher you can boost. Along with that is lots of tuning. Buy a hondata s200 w/boost.

there r 8234753894794 dif kinds of t3/t4, in order for us to help u we need the specs. there r waaaaaaaaay too many variables to tell u for sure. if i wanted to boost a stock b16 i wouldnt push over 6, its just not smart to boost on a stock engine, resleeve it, get sum JE low comp pistons, sum rings, sum rods, and rebuild the head, do a lot of tuning, and ur set for 12s/11's haha! good luck

its all abou ttuning and fuel management.

if you half ass it, low boost
if you get a stand alone and dyno tune it with a wideband- the possiblites are pretty endless up to 400 whp.

but at any psi, and any hp level, there exists the chance of blowing up.

in my rex im running 9psi and buddy is running ten....both cars are solid as hell and stock internally....just make sure theres not a lot of miles on the motor...also get a v-afc...to help tune it...it makes a huge difference....do all that you'll have a 12sec street car... :D

Back