how much boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

powerdriverh22

I have a 94 Honda Accord with a JDM H22a. The motor is ran off of the Hondata s200 with an obd1 GS-R ecu (p72). I am going to upgrade the fuel system with rc 550 injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and a bigger walhbro 255 fuel pump. I am looking at running a Garrett T3/T4 60 trim and .63a/r. The system will be ran through an intercooler. I will also have a Tial 38mm wastegate and Turboxs Type H- Rfl BOV. anyone help me out? how much boost can i run safely? would a Holset or Turbonetics turbo work just the same?

don't have psi be a goal... make a power level a goal, and use whatever psi it takes to get there.

remember, psi doesn't break pasrts-- power does.

you should be able to put 300 whp on a stock motor no problem.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 1 2005, 08:47 AM
don't have psi be a goal... make a power level a goal, and use whatever psi it takes to get there.

remember, psi doesn't break pasrts-- power does.

you should be able to put 300 whp on a stock motor no problem.
[post=533952]Quoted post[/post]​

so if i blow it ull pay for it right :p :D i didnt think that it would put that much to the ground without blowing up.....should i worry about axles...i havent been able to really find any that are rated to 300 but found plenty that are 500+ and 750 a side!

as long as it's tuned well and you don't drive it like a phreak you'll be fine. and you stock axles should be alright on street tires, hard launches on slicks is what snaps axles... mainly :p .

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 2 2005, 04:50 AM
as long as it's tuned well and you don't drive it like a phreak you'll be fine. and you stock axles should be alright on street tires, hard launches on slicks is what snaps axles... mainly :p .
[post=534359]Quoted post[/post]​

so what is driving like a phreak??? i drive the car kinda hard...not all the time but i do like to race

Originally posted by powerdriverh22+Aug 2 2005, 01:26 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Aug 2 2005, 04:50 AM
[post=534359]Quoted post[/post]​

so what is driving like a phreak??? i drive the car kinda hard...not all the time but i do like to race
[post=534584]Quoted post[/post]​

like he said hard launches break axels make sense

PSI doesn't break things power does...

he means, 10 psi out of a small turbo wont be the same as 10 psi out of a big turbo, soooo, use the turbo you need with the psi you need to make the power you want...

as for breaking axles... raxles has lots of different setups for lots of different power, give them a holler if you wanna put more the 300 to the ground.

www.raxles.com

You should be able to determine, at YOUR hp goal, how many CFM of air you need to create that power.

Then you cross reference that number with your compressor map of your turbo.

That info will tell you how many PSI you need to run. Also, think about compressor efficiency, and the byproducts of heat and pressure.

I'll sell you my maximum boost book by Corky Bell if you want it. I paid $35 from amazon.com, and I learned a lot. Give it to you for $25.

300whp wont last very long. those stock ringlands will own you. my buddy has a h22a turbo delsol all stock motor and he runs 7 psi on a 60 trim for now. but even with 250-260 whp i expect him to blow it and it was tuned to a tee.

Back