how much could a good ls/vtec setup run you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It all depends, there is no good answer to a question this vague. What parts are you planing on using?

i wouldnt have the slightest idea lol, its basically a double question on peoples ls/vtec setups and how much it cost them

If you don't buy pistons/rods/rings. the head (b16) could run u upwards of $800, the shortblock $2-500, Getting everything machined and prepared to bolt the head to the block and miscellaneous parts $6-700, Figure more than 2 g's cheaply built.

how much could a good ls/vtec setup run price wise?

If you gotta ask you can't afford it. No buy really more than $2500

I''ve already spent over 4k on mine and it not finished yet. That's built right with some hookups on things here and there.

i would just rather get a B18C. LSVTEC is quite amazing, but when it all comes down to working on the engine, blueprinting, new pistons, con rods, etc. the builder has to know what he's building. Or else your LS VTEC will be most like others that blow up after 8200 rpms. (i've seen at least 10 of them) with all that money you could get a B18C of B16 and tune it up to mid built and probably run faster than a LS VTEC. i've seen stock GSR in EG6 pulling out mid built LS VTEC EG6. and it's not just one, but a few.

Originally posted by B18C_NA@Nov 18 2003, 01:31 PM
i would just rather get a B18C. LSVTEC is quite amazing, but when it all comes down to working on the engine, blueprinting, new pistons, con rods, etc. the builder has to know what he's building. Or else your LS VTEC will be most like others that blow up after 8200 rpms. (i've seen at least 10 of them) with all that money you could get a B18C of B16 and tune it up to mid built and probably run faster than a LS VTEC. i've seen stock GSR in EG6 pulling out mid built LS VTEC EG6. and it's not just one, but a few.

all depends, there are many ways to build a LS/VTEC

all stock LS/VTEC with GSR head, stock LS block, will not beat civic's w/GSR (maybe a GSR teg)
LS/VTEC with GSR head, GSR pistons, will easily beat a GSR civic or teg with mods.

Many different Piston, CAMs and Head combinations in building a LS/VTEC motor.
and the HP range is from 165-200+ with all stock honda parts.

---------------personally-------------------------------
(i have almost built them all in my years of LS/VTEC's)

i just finish my 5th LS/VTEC, today is the second day i have mines driving around.
it is fast but not super fast, but for the little money i spent...it is more than worth it.
I have already beaten B16A hatch, i have yet to race a GSR.

my setup:
ALL STOCK so far
B16A head milled .20
2 layer head gasket (10:1 CR)
Stock LS block (B18B)

near future, skunk 2 IM, CTR or ITR CAMS, JDM headers......

that is all i have now..remember this is just the second day with this motor setup.

----------------here is a link that might answer your question-------
LS/VTEC built the right way

later

Back