How Much Do These Goddamn Wheels Weigh?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquin

Well I got these wheels on closeout for $375 (They are the Webs at the bottom.) with some kinda federal tires [wheel and tires new]. I bought these cause my winter tires on the stock rims were bald as HELL. So I figured I could buy these until I save for the Slips and some good tires in the mean time. Anyways, the story goes...I put them on my car and it feels like I have two people in the car with me. I thought they were heavy, but DAMN!

lol

well u can
a) use a home weight scale
B) yea might sound stupid, but pick it up and take a guess, use ur head and relate items
c)e-mail tsw and ask nicely

from looks of it, it looks like an alloy wheel, id say around 23 pounds a wheel and i never liked tsw, but did you go from different tire and wheel sizes? that can affect your driving, like going from 16" wheels with factory tire sizes to a 18" with low profiles can hamper your cars performance, not to mention the federals probally arnt the best performance tires.

thats my 2cents

Yeah, they were the stock Si wheels and proper sized tires. I went from a 14" to a 16" but the over all height of the wheel tire is the same so it doesn't affect gearing as far that I know.

My title is a little decieving because what I meant was
A. I know they are heavier and I dont want to take them off the car unless someone here does not know off hand.
B. Even though they are say, ~20lbs heavier all together (and I understand unsprung weight to a degree) could it hinder my performance to the point where I was SPANKING my buddies crx dx all day and now I am just -beating- him in my CRX Si.

Thanks,
Liquin

Originally posted by liquin@May 1 2003, 04:01 AM
B. Even though they are say, ~20lbs heavier all together (and I understand unsprung weight to a degree) could it hinder my performance to the point where I was SPANKING my buddies crx dx all day and now I am just -beating- him in my CRX Si.

yes
judging by similar TSW wheels weights your probly somewhere in the 22lb area
stock CRX Si wheels are 17lbs

so if you still had 14 inch wheels in that weight it would be equivalent to addind about 200lbs to the weight of the car.... but because the weight is now farther from the axis point it takes even more power to turn them

Gotcha....So if I get the Rota Slips and them being sorta the opposite of the TSW's in terms of the stock Si wheels I should see the same gains/losses compared to the TSW's? Meaning that I *theroreticaly* will take off 200lbs off my car by reducing unsprung weight by going to the Slips from the stock rims? (Being that TSW's=+5lbs and Rotas= -5lbs)

Thanks your help is appreciated. :worthy:
Liquin

you will see a performance gain

I know, I know, but I needed the tires and the price was right considering I can probably sell them for more than what I paid.

My plan is to get some slipstreams and soome good tires...but I just dont have the $ :( because of the swap thats coming :D !

Played out huh? I've never seen any here, but I live in the big MT. What do you guys recommend? Keep in mind, I'm kind of on a Sliipstream budget.

all the rotas are the same price for the most part. but hey, if you're in the middle of no where, go for it if you liek them.
me, everyone and their brother has them on their cars

As far as I'm concerned, I really don't care what they look like as long as they are black. So do you know of any light-weight 15"s that can compare with rota's for the $$$? Thanks. Liquin

Back