How much do you pay for CAR insurance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 Hatch
91 Rex
$74/Month Progressive

85 Yamaha Virago
$155/Year Progressive

2007 Subaru outback full coverage.
1974 Datsun 260Z full coverage.
1988 Nissan 200sx full coverage.

$179 a month, Met life.

2007 Scion TC
100/300 500 Deductibles. All the extra stuff.
1080/6mo

When I purchased the car new at age 19 I was paying 2040/6mo.

06 Mazda 5 - Full Coverage
92 BMW 318is - Liability
85 Volvo 740 GLE - Liability
Both me and my girlfriend on the policy
100/300, $500 Deductable
Deer Brook Ins. (sister company with AllState)
$580.82/ 6 Months

It would be even cheaper if my girlfriend didn't have a point on her record.

I live in WA. Rates are higher.

I have a speeding ticket on my record. It went up 4 dollar this last 6 mo.

Before I had a 100% at fault accident and a moving violation and they both fell off respectively at 3 years and my insurance came down 30% within the next cycle.

Even in NJ, my insurance would be less than yours. NJ has the highest rates in the country IIRC. Fortunately I have my car reg. and ins. in PA, cause I wanted the cheaper rates. I have points in NJ, but I don't think they were carried over to PA. It only shows one ticket in the past 5 years for 50+ mph over the speed limit. No, that's not a typo either, I was being stupid and testing out my new car on an open highway and got bagged.

dam I'm getting robbed. 93 accord with state minimum is running me about $550/ 6months. I have a ticket, and an accident about 5yrs ago. I'm gonna shop around after I refi the house, I don't want any activity on my credit reports right now.

wow, nootrac.

You really are getting ripped off. Since my cars are insured and supposedly housed in your area (literally), our rates can be comparable and should be similar, hell you should be much cheaper than me. You should shop around also, get a quote from geico.

I was actually quoted even less then what I pay now but they found the ticket I have (105 in a 45).

Government Employees Insurance Company, and no I didn't google it. I worked there for a few months.

Back