How much do you pay for CAR insurance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan
2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab HO V8

250/500k Liab & Uninsured Motorists Coverage
100/250 Comp/Coll Deductible
3 million umbrella
---------------------------------------
1589/yr. through Liberty Mutual

03 350Z full coverage
86 CRX Si Comp.

$117/month Geico

Even in NJ, my insurance would be less than yours. NJ has the highest rates in the country IIRC. Fortunately I have my car reg. and ins. in PA, cause I wanted the cheaper rates. I have points in NJ, but I don't think they were carried over to PA. It only shows one ticket in the past 5 years for 50+ mph over the speed limit. No, that's not a typo either, I was being stupid and testing out my new car on an open highway and got bagged.

You have damn low rates for your history.

2002 Subaru WRX
I pay $168 for full coverage with $100 glass, $500 collision deductibles.
So that figures out to ~$1000/6 month

Last edited:

2002 Subaru WRX

yea I know, I was amazed when they quoted me well under 1000 bucks for a 6 month policy. I was so amazed, I'm an idiot and just bought the first policy I was quoted cause it was extremely cheap compared to what I'm used. Even last year I was over 1k/ 6 month policy and that was only the shitvic, same coverages.... and I'm still paying for that little junker

NJ State PAIP, $2200 a year, basic liability.

You can say my driving record isnt the cleanest. :)

2002 Subaru WRX

Forgot to mention, thats with a 10 or 15% good student discount for maintaining atleast a B average in college.

I have a clean driving record and live in one of the most rural, if not the most rural, part of New Jersey. I'm even under my parents policy with those rates. I would have been paying $300-$500 a month under my own policy name.

I'll have to shop around and get quotes for an Acura TL/Infiniti G35 Coupe/Volvo S40 and see where the insurance company has me pegged at currently.

2003 S2000 - full coverage
1995 Nissan Hardbody - liability + comprehensive
1988 Civic LX sedan - liability + comprehensive

$200 deductibles for everything but collision on the S at $500.

$196/mo State Farm

No Geico or Progressive for me... ripoff artists.

Lufkin's insurance rates are just as bad as Austin and Dallas if you can imagine that- too many old fogies driving around hitting people. I have more close calls in this BFE town than in any other major city in the US that I've driven in, and that includes downtown in NYC/Manhattan and LA.

The 88 Civic also costs more to insure than the truck, even though the truck is listed as the primary vehicle. Go fig.

Yeah you have to have insurance here...there are just a lot of people that dont.

Back