How much does everyone pay for motorcycle insurance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Palm, meet face...
260/year liability. Then again my bike does 90 max and take 2 minutes to get there on a downward slope. I really want a cbr, but i'm afraid of insurance on it, and I'm supposed to be getting my dads sportster this summer... I'll update if I remember.

P.S. I'm with Progressive.

if that is right ( 03 buel) you will be paying about 450 a year for a cbr.. how old are you? when i was 19 i had a valken and paying over 90 a month lol.

I pay 237 a year for Liability and theft on an 92 Gixxer
My BF pays 280 a year for liability and theft on a 03 busa.

we both use Allstate.

What year/size was the bike

CBR600 2002 so at the time like 1 or 2 years old.
I bought my GSX-R1000 2007 when I was 24 and that made my insurance go up a couple dollars like 3-4 bucks. however now that I'm 26 its back down to around the same price I was paying for my CBR600

yah

$190 12 month with Progressive for the year 1985 Honda VF500F Pennsylvania State minimum.

i called my insurance company today and they said through progressive they could get me full coverage for $2400.00 a year for a 2006 CBR 600RR. i just hung up the phone

i called my insurance company today and they said through progressive they could get me full coverage for $2400.00 a year for a 2006 CBR 600RR. i just hung up the phone

Wow. How long have you had your bike license?

Dont feel bad. I called Geico for my brand new 07 GSX-R600 and they said $7,000. I laughed my ass off, told them thats only 2k less than I paid for the bike and hung up. When I called my Allstate agent and told him the whole office had a laugh.

i have had my endorsement since i was 16 so 9 years lol ive always been on 2 wheels but never had a bike in my name always in my dads. nationwide actually quoted me around 75 a month tonight and that was with just me on the bike. so i dont know what to think. i test drove the 06 i was thinking of buying but i got the impression from the seller that he wasnt very bright and all 10,000 mi was the hardest miles ever driven. "yeah ive had it to 90mph in 1st gear, its like a 13 sec 1/4 mile bike" i didnt know what to say other than wow that means my car is faster because i can run a 12.5 haha

Having your license probably brings down your premium a little bit. I wouldn't know though. I still have mine. I need to get the license. I have no idea whats on it. I should really look at the book again.

I always point out that geico and progressive want 5K a year for my bike....
Progressive and Geico DO NOT want to insure super sport bikes. If its a naked bike I can get insurance for 200-300 a year.... god forbids its a supersport bike

I don't see a point in putting collision on a motorcycle. If you crash on your own it's pretty much your fault and have to pay, and if you get hit by another vehicle it's their fault and they pay. And your bike is pretty much fucked anyways as well as you.

I don't see a point in putting collision on a motorcycle. If you crash on your own it's pretty much your fault and have to pay, and if you get hit by another vehicle it's their fault and they pay. And your bike is pretty much fucked anyways as well as you.

If you don't have collision, WHEN someone hits your bike, and knocks it over, you get to deal with their insurance company DIRECTLY.

Ask anyone who has done this how much fun it is.

Also: Most people who don't own their bike are forced to put collision on it by their bank.

It's different up here in west coast Canada. We have ONE insurance company here in British Columbia. Everybody has to deal with the same insurance all over the province.

Back