How Much Does It Cost??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
So lets see who can guess the closest to what it cost to do the following to my CRX

Timing Belt
Water Pump
Valve cover gasket
Alt. & A/C Belts changed
Oil Change
Valve Lash adjust if needed, going to check if any are out of spec

Grand Total = ??

$551, Bob.

(i lowered it because initially i thought clutch was on there too for some dumb reason)

Timing Belt-roughly $40
Water Pump-roughly $50
Valve cover gasket-roughly $42
Alt. & A/C Belts changed-about $35
Oil Change-rougly $34
Valve Lash adjust if needed, going to check if any are out of spec- feeler gauges about $4

Grand Total =about $200

EDIT!!! thats assuming its a 1.5 and your doing all the work

well fuuuuuck - let it be known that my estimate assumes you're having it done by someone. :shrug2:

It's being done by a shop, I just don't have the time to do it myself these days. and it's a 1.5ltr , dacheat you're pretty damn close.

hehe my real guess is in the $600s but i wanted to be under by a bit so i could win :D

ps: i should hope i'm close, i've gotten quotes for most of that before and opted to f@cking learn how to do it myself and cajole friends into helping me. if i remember right, getting the water pump done alone is $300 at a shop, and to do the timing is usually about $150 - so i figure if you're getting the rest done while you're doing the water pump...well yeah it's already all apart so...i'll be curious to see what the actual quote or damage is.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Sounds like a 90,000 mile service. Most dealerships do that stuff, minus the belts, with the package. My guess, $650-$700

Timing Belt 6.5
Water Pump included
Valve cover gasket .5
Alt. & A/C Belts changed 1.5
Oil Change .5
Valve Lash adjust if needed, going to check if any are out of spec .5

= 9.5 labor hours
x $72

$684

should just bought the belt and pump and gasket and had bill do it for 100 bucks :D
200 out the door

^ fuck, :owned: I totally forgot Bill is a Honda mechanic.

well the total bill is $470,
not to bad I was expecting it to be more $$$

Not a honda stealership I assume...Mom & Pop place?

yeah it's a local garage pretty close to my house. My good friend worked for this guy when we were in high school. The owner of the place is a really nice guy.

Timing Belt $100
Water Pump $120
Valve cover gasket $30
Alt. & A/C Belts changed $40
Oil Change $30
Valve Lash $X factor

Having a shop work on your car Priceless

i bet $400

edit just saw the answer up a few posts, i'm an idiot

Back