how much does the stock carpet weigh?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1gcvcb18

I removed the stock, ugly and heavy carpet and through it away. My question is does any one know how much does it really weigh.

lol, 30?

This is a honda, you know. I wouldnt put it over 10 pounds. What car?

And look up the dry ice trick to get that rubber off of the floor, it adds more weight than the carpet did.

I would've said the same thing but I just pulled my carpet out of my 85 HF 3 weeks ago and it was def heavier than I thought it'd be

well i shipped carpet for a 96-00 Civic and it came out to less than 10 lbs.. i think like 8-9 lbs w/ box

the (1g) crx carpet goes all the way to the rear and has a built in storage compartment behind the seats (plastic, heavy lid)

lol this one website was listing civic weight reductions by skill level, and they said the carpeting was 40lbs! yeah i didnt think it could weigh that much...

The car is a 84 civic dx. I have eliminated the headliner, carpet, tar, visors, a/c system, rear bumper beam, in total we have removed about 91 lbs. But the car did not come with the compressor and lines so we do not know how much that weighs either.

Back