How Much For A B16a2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

Just curious I've seen a few on ebay and they range in price, there is a b16a2 on ebay for $850.00. Is that a good price?

That is WAY to cheap. The b16a2 was only in the 99-00si and will probably cost around 2300-2500 for complete swap and that is a motor with average/low miles.

Post a link to it please. (no, i dont want the motor)

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 7 2003, 01:44 AM
That is WAY to cheap. The b16a2 was only in the 99-00si and will probably cost around 2300-2500 for complete swap and that is a motor with average/low miles.

heres the deal, buying motos on ebay is iffy, you can get a great deal because no one bids on them or you can get royally screwed. I got a great deal on mine but i did a lot of research on the seller and talked to him many times first

Originally posted by Baker+Mar 7 2003, 01:53 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Mar 7 2003, 01:44 AM

heres the deal, buying motos on ebay is iffy, you can get a great deal because no one bids on them or you can get royally screwed. I got a great deal on mine but i did a lot of research on the seller and talked to him many times first

Yes.. but most of those auctions, in fine print say "we have the right to close this auction if it does not reach a reasonable amount" .. B had a clause in his wheel auction and had NR..

So, if it has a buy now for 850, avoid it, motor is trashed or stolen.. if its just bidded at 850, then look into it.. if its a NS and the auction is almost ended. Look for a clause and get info through e-mail on it.

Take all precautions, dont want to get fucked.

its not a buy it now, its a company thats selling a ITR swap, GSR swap, RSX-R swap etc etc...in the add they say they are blowing out inventory. The B16a2 is OBD1 SIRII (JDM) everything but the tranny. :spin:

good feedback to.

Originally posted by luVTEC@Mar 7 2003, 03:37 AM
its not a buy it now, its a company thats selling a ITR swap, GSR swap, RSX-R swap etc etc...in the add they say they are blowing out inventory. The B16a2 is OBD1 SIRII (JDM) everything but the tranny. :spin:

good feedback to.

ok...so you are refering to an Sir2 motor...let's get this straight...Sir2 is not a b16a2!!!!! :D b16a2 and a3 are all usdm motors...JDM motors have no #'s following the "a" in b16a...now if you were refering to the a2 motor which is found in the 99-00 Si...then yeah $850 sounds too good to be true...now $850 for an Sir2 motor sounds good...that's exactly how much i paid for my Sir2 motor...of course my motor is from a automatic so i know it hasn't really been beatin' on and it has low miles...so i got a good deal...if i were you, i'd check to ee if they are legit first...also, i pieced my swap together as it sounds like you are doing as well...do not do that!!!!! so many headaches and i cost me about $500 more than i should of spent...but $500 could of gone to some pistons and/or cams

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Mar 7 2003, 10:19 AM
ok...so you are refering to an Sir2 motor...let's get this straight...Sir2 is not a b16a2!!!!! :D b16a2 and a3 are all usdm motors...

Slow down cheif,There actually and "siRII" (92-95 VTi) motors that are B16A2's.Japan doesn't use the numbers,but the rest of the world does.So some 92-95's can say B16A2,EDM,Though it is a safe bet that in the states most are from Japan,but also there have been mislabel motors on Ebay before also,so it may be a OBD II motor they are calling OBD I,and in reality be a B16A2

Okay, the "850" motor only.. here is a quote

You are bidding on a 1994-1995 B16A2 OBDI engine changover from a JDM Honda Civic SIRII

Tells you there is an OBD1 motor and its from a Sir2 Civic. So, its not an OBD2 motor and yes, 850 is reasonable. The complete swap, motor, tranny, ecu. wiring, mounts usually goes for 2250 or so.

If your car is ob2 and you live in cali, dont bid, if your car is obd1, bid on it.

we're all getting off track here.
I think this is what everyone is trying to get at - "buy it from a reputable seller"
You're probably better off buying it from a bigger engine distributer. You may not get the best price but you can bet that the engine are in descent condition, you're going to get what you're promised and you're not going to get ripped off.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 7 2003, 09:48 PM
you're going to get what you're promised and you're not going to get ripped off.

Of course,that is what people thought about Osucka also.Not saying the Hmotorsonline or another is going to burn you,more like I've seen B16A2 motors for $500 at salvage yards,so if the place isn't specifically an importer,they may just want to sell it.

B16 GSR?

On one of the other acutions of this guy, he has 2 mistakes in it and i only read the title and the picture. That shown is a GSR (notice the intake manifold) then in the title he has VTECH written down. Dont trust it.

Along with it being a GSR shown,he states that,well here:

Basically undo the motor mounts and exhaust, pull the motor up, all the components are included.

Free Extras Parts:

Stock Motor Mounts, Stock Shift Linkage Stock Axles

Some of the most important parts are free extras :huh: what a chump,avoid it.

Back