How much freon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MichaelC

Michael C
I just need to know how much R-12 I need to buy to charge my A/C. Yes I can buy it. I Have a 1992 Civic Si. At $29 a can I don't want to buy to much if I don't and then have to take some back or not buy enough. Thanks.

Some people still have R12 in stock. It's no longer manufactured, but there's still guys selling it as long as you have a license that proves you know what you're doing.

btw, Freeze-12 sounds like a better alternative. I've seen them on ebay, 3 for like $30. It's a R12 alternative/replacement.

I didn't know they quit making it all together but they still have it at all the local auto parts stores here in East Texas. I just got the car and it does not have any manuals. Thanks for the info, 2 cans sounds good to me.

I'd just convert to r134a... I live in hot-as-balls New Orleans, and it cools BETTER than it did with the r12. I used Freeze-12 on another car once and it cooled really good, but it made the compressor whine loudly. Wouldn't recommend it.

Back