1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much freon

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by MichaelC, May 16, 2007.

1. MichaelC

MichaelC Michael C

I just need to know how much R-12 I need to buy to charge my A/C. Yes I can buy it. I Have a 1992 Civic Si. At $29 a can I don't want to buy to much if I don't and then have to take some back or not buy enough. Thanks.

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

should be in your manual...

3. BertMcGert

BertMcGert New Member

Where can you buy R-12? As far as I know its no longer avialable for purchase in the United States.

4. Akwhite18

Akwhite18 New Member

2 cans should be all you need. prob wont even hold that..

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Some people still have R12 in stock. It's no longer manufactured, but there's still guys selling it as long as you have a license that proves you know what you're doing.

btw, Freeze-12 sounds like a better alternative. I've seen them on ebay, 3 for like $30. It's a R12 alternative/replacement.

6. MichaelC

MichaelC Michael C

I didn't know they quit making it all together but they still have it at all the local auto parts stores here in East Texas. I just got the car and it does not have any manuals. Thanks for the info, 2 cans sounds good to me.

7. charlesb2003

charlesb2003 New Member

I'd just convert to r134a... I live in hot-as-balls New Orleans, and it cools BETTER than it did with the r12. I used Freeze-12 on another car once and it cooled really good, but it made the compressor whine loudly. Wouldn't recommend it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted