1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much gas mileage?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ozzfreak, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ozzfreak

ozzfreak Junior Member

I am just curious to the gas mileage i'll be getting when i get this motor......... http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/s...page&item=30018

I'll be putting it in a 88 DX automatic. I'm getting about 33-35 right now, and that's with a severely warped head that loses water into the cylinder. Anyway, just curious.

Oz

2. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

dead link buddy why dont you just tell us what your putting in or just cut n paste or sumthin a dx what also?

3. ozzfreak

ozzfreak Junior Member

it's the SOHC ZC from hmotorsonline.com

sorry

4. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

it depends on the motor you get and your driving style, you could stil get the same mileage but its up to you, zcs arent real gas hogs

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

when i had my D16Z6 still i was averaging about 30mpg mixed city and highway, and 40mpg highway only

6. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

yea expect around 33-40. On my d16z6, I would get 30 city and 35 on the highway. Once I got as high as 40mpg. On my b18c1, I get 27-30 city, and as high as 35mpg on the highway. It all depends on how light you are on the throttle and how fast you drive.

7. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30018

i'm assuming this is the correct link, as for gas mileage, depending on a few issues like a heavy foot, or little things like how well you keep your motor working, you can in an 88 dx get about 30-36 in the city, (maybe) and 34-38 on the highway, but still thats awesome, esspecially in cali, i have the D15, and i get around 37 in city and 46 highway.good motor swapin.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted