How much heaver is the 90-93 accord engine and trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xips(86CRXSI)

I was wounding how much more the f22a1 and 5-speed accord engine and trans weighs then the stock d-series engine and trans? I'm thinking of putting my engine and trans from my 91 accord in my 93 civic cx hatchback, I know the f22a1 is not the best f series to use but I have it and if I swap it in I'll be able to upgrade later to something better. The civic has a good d15b8 engine and 5-speed trans but the trans needs work and the clutch is going out + the slave cylinder is going bad. I don't really want to fix these things I would rather do a engine swap and have something thats more powerful than fix the current problems and I found the engine mounts and axles on ebay for a good deal.

Honestly I think that swap is a waste of your time and money. Why settle for something that you don't really want and are just going to replace later? If you're planning for a specific swap at some point in the future, then you should just spend the least amount of money possible to get your car running again at this point. I've seen used D-series transmissions going for as cheap as $100 on Craigslist, so I would just pick up one of those instead of trying to swap the Accord motor in.

Back