how much is a b18c5 type R engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mike

hey i own a 93 hatchback civic cx and i was just wondering how much a B18C5 typeR engine would cost....the usdm one.. thanx for ya help :worthy:

too god damn much. most of the ones i've seen are around $5500 to $6000 but thats a JDM the USDM are probably $1000 less?

If you make some friends you can get it complete for 4000-4200, online they go for 4500-4800, anything over 5k and tell them to FUCK OFF,

The sick part is that motor runs a little less than a R33 RB26deTT fron clip, honda fuckers.

:)
Milan

I read it three times and I can't find anything wrong..... I would JUMP on that. Make contact first though and see how legit he is......

He's got no feedback...depending if you could pick up the motor...

That would be a steal. I'd never send the money to someone like that... but pick up the engine maybe... so you could see it before the cash gets handed over.

Sounds like a steal.

jesus for that price buy a plane ticket and check it out, all you would be out is a couple hundred if he was a fake instead of 2500

If it is too good to be true, escrow it. I wouldn't mind a type R. It even comes with all the front suspension peices, plus it has performance shocks and springs W pillowball mounts.

I was about to pick one of those up on ebay for the same price. The guy was really nice and new his crap, but I was still unsure. I asked for the wire transfer info (only way he would accept payment) and it was routed to a place in Russia, or somewhere close to that. Turned out to be a scam and I reported the guy. A couple weeks later I found a guy that was selling a Type-R motor with like 5000 positive feedbacks. I was really excited about this one so I mailed the seller. He didn't get back w/ me for a few days. When he finally mailed me, he said his account was hijacked/hacked and he didn't have the engine, never did. IMO, don't buy it or be absolutely sure before you do. If you still want it, take vtecsir1's advice and fly up there and take a look, if the guy will even let you. That's just my experience...

yeah that is true..i wouldnt buy one of those i just tho i did post it anyways and be very carefull when buying engines online...

that kind of shit gets me nervous everytime. Just be cautious, seriously.

Milan

my friend is selling his b18c motor. jdm type r for 5,000. if you want it, let me know wassup. message me.

5k for a ITR is still way over priced, even more so from someone with no rep. Hmotorsonline.com has them for alot cheaper and also have there name to back it up.

i got a b18c5 FS for 3500 complete swap - PM me if interested

I dont know about that 2500 deal or whatever it was. I have a friend that gets engines at wholesale prices and I thought about a b18c1 or a b18c5 for awhile, but even at wholesale prices he couldnt get one for less than 4800. There has got to be some flaw with that engine, or if it is a private seller, he must not know what he is sitting on. imo though!

Originally posted by civic_loverh22@Aug 25 2003, 02:27 PM
I dont know about that 2500 deal or whatever it was. I have a friend that gets engines at wholesale prices and I thought about a b18c1 or a b18c5 for awhile, but even at wholesale prices he couldnt get one for less than 4800. There has got to be some flaw with that engine, or if it is a private seller, he must not know what he is sitting on. imo though!

then he has a shitty importer. Every else in the world, hondas are not super desired, thus prices are alot lower. A used low millage type R CAR will cost you a few thousand in Japan. The swap there is close to 1000. A b16a2 swap there, like 500. Shipping and crap like that, 250-500, bitch work, maybe 100 or so an engine, 1000 mark up because fast N' Ferious made hondas COOL, priceless.

Well I am a relative newb at engines, just started thinking about an engine swap. But I am talking about engine and tranny combo, if that makes any difference. but I still dont think you can get a b18 for 2500. I have just never seen it. But I will be the first to admit, When FnF came out that is the first time that I realized I could have a fast car for a relatively cheap price.

Back