How much is speeding ticket in CA?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My first speeding ticket in cali was for doing 40 in a 25. I only had to pay $20 for a driving class that was only 2 hours. I got off so easy.

If its your first ticket, request traffic school. You may only go to traffic scoool 1 in every 18 months.

the fines vary from city to city. it could be $40 in one city and $120 in another. i learned this in traffic school last year. :nod:

I just got a 84 in a 65. I am kinda wondering what mine's gonna be. I was actually doing 90 but he was cool and wrote me for 84, 1 under what would have been a madatory appearance in court. BTW i got mine on 5 in San Juan Capistrano, about 3:30 in the morning, where'd you get yours?

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 14 2004, 12:16 AM
consult the back of your ticket :)

:withstupid:

It should tell you on the back...I still have my 3rd ticket around here somewhere...it had all the prices per speed over up to 20, and then it had prices for reckless driving, tailgating, etc.

1 under what would have been a madatory appearance in court.

Every ticket I've ever gotten in Nj had a mandatory court appearence. The ones I had in PA I just sent in the money. One ticket was like $500 cause the cop was a real asshole, I had everything liscense, registration and insurance all were valid. I was doin 58 in a 35, he was coming the opposite direction, I slowed down when I saw him and looked in my rearview mirror. I see him pull a nice quick little u-turn aroud the center median. And he's going to give me a ticket for doin 58 in a school zone..I hadn't even entered the school zone when he pulled me over, I was actually 25 feet away from the sign. and about 100 feet away drom the school. I fought it got it lowered to $268

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 14 2004, 12:16 AM
consult the back of your ticket :)

in cali they dont print the fine anywhere (front or back). at least thats how it was with the tickets i got and beleive me i looked. they usually send you the fine in the mail along with an envelope for you to send payment.

$271, my buddy got it on the golden gate bridge. Though I believe it is a double fine zone there. So I would say $135.50 for standard fine, but I am sure it varies from town to town. I am cool, I have yet to get a moving violation :knockonwood:

it varies from county or city to city but every speeding ticket i've gotten says the fine right there next to the violation. yours should say it too. only thing it ever had on the back of any of my tickets was the details of where to go and what not and a spot for a cop to sign if its a fix-it ticket.

Back