How much is this 1991 CRX si worth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xiaphin

So I bought this 1991 CRX Si for $300 last week. How much would you guys say its worth? This is my first Honda purchase for as I am a Datsun/Nissan born and bread. Always have love the CRX.

xiaphin/1991 Honda CRX Si - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On a side note responding to this thread
https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/what-time-oh-its-about-510-a-90320/

510's are beautiful, box flares are ugly, gotta love the corolla too, BMW e30 M3 came out after the 510, and The 510 started Japanese Sports Car craze winning the 1971 and 1972 Trans Am 2.5 Series thanks to Peter Brock (BRE).
Datsun 510 Trans Am - Supercars.net

yeesh, what the hell happened to that rex before you got to it? was it abandoned somewhere? the body is rockin. it needs some TLC and glass, good find! i'da paid $500 for the nonrusted body, myself, but i have a garage full of what that car needs ;). i think you got a pretty good deal given the clean body, what are your plans for it?

Judging by its condition, I guess its worth what you paid, but it can be worth a lot more if you fix it. If it already runs thats a plus also.

I generally say that a 2nd-gen CRX Si should go for around 1500 or so, in "good" condition. You bought it in oh-god-this-is-crap condition, so 300 was pretty good. Here's the math to back it up:

car - 300
engine/tranny (d16a6) - 500 (in decent condition)
tires - 200 (decent tires are a must, if you ask me)
rear window - 300
windshield - 200
firm vacuum job - priceless

You end up right around 1500. If the engine runs, you made out decently. It looks like the shell itself is in really good condition. If you're looking for a fun project, I suggest that you take all the mouldings and bumpers off it to see if there's rust or other funkiness going on.

working on getting a new title and if that goes through i'm not too sure. b18c, k20 or RWD sr20det, RWD F20c. If not gonna turn it into an racecar for SCCA ITC.

working on getting a new title and if that goes through i'm not too sure. b18c, k20 or RWD sr20det, RWD F20c. If not gonna turn it into an racecar for SCCA ITC.
Nothing against Nissan or the S2K, but keep this thing somewhat normal. Too many "custom jobs" end up never being done and I don't want to see a straight CRX body go to waste when I'm in the market for one.

do NOT put anything in that bay that will not bolt up directly or boltup with a simple mountkit...sr20=waste of a shell,,and converting to rwd is even more of a waste

do NOT put anything in that bay that will not bolt up directly or boltup with a simple mountkit...sr20=waste of a shell,,and converting to rwd is even more of a waste
why not? if he has the time and money, he should do what he wants. RWD would be a 'waste' in terms of money but in the end, if done correctly, it'll outperform fwd.

hmm I don't think it was worth that $300 but just to make sure you should sell it to me for $200 and call it a day. :) lol jk jk actually I think you got a good deal. I have been looking for one, and all I have found are cars with bad motors and decent bodys with minor dents for around $600. luckily I am in no rush and can wait for a good deal to walk my way.

On the note of the motor...I would say go with a k24 block and the k20a head. go n/a but build the shit out of it. In a rex that motor should run low 13's

Looks to me like you got a pretty good deal regardless, especially if it runs though....body from what I can see looks pretty damn nice, can't see the LR fenderwell, but if its not rusted, nice find! Does look like its been sitting somewhere for a very long time though.

Back