How Much Is Too Much Rubber?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

831civic

I just flared out my fenders and also about to buy some spacers. On a 16 inch rim, what would be the widest tire that I can get and still get the best performance for drag. 245's will fit but I dont know if that might be too much rubber for my setup. I have a '94 hb with a H22 swap. What do you guys think? I like the nitto drag radials 555r. They make 'em in 245/50/16.

offset. its all about the proper offset of the wheel.
spacers don't do shit for you but kick it out.

getting a wider wheel with the proper offeset allows you to go all the way in as well. what that offset is, i don't know.

your tire choice is huge. thats like 25.5" tall. most people don't run that until they have about 350+ horsepower going to the wheels, or a stupid short tranny. you're gearing is going to get super long, and frankly, a basic h22 is 200 horse, or about 175 to the wheels...

As for your tire choice, i hate nittos. worst tire company ever if you ask me. BFG drags are great, and you will pull a much better 60' time on those.

The reason why I want the spacers is because I think my tires will rub on the inside if I don't push them out. Well, depends on how wide I want my tires. Yeah, I agree with you about the tires being too much for the power that i'm putting out right now. I agree that BFG's are way better than the nittos. I have 215/45/16 Azenis right now and I have to launch at 2300 and feather the shit out of it throughout 1st gear and part of 2nd. If I don't, my tires just spin out. That's why i've been looking into buying some meaty tires.

pushing them out....
doing so doesn't make your wheel any bigger... it just puts it in a different place on the car.

getting the proper offset on a set of wheels will allow you to NOT rub, and still be wide.

Back