How Much Of This Do You Need...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

first off, the R6 is 357lbs(dry weight) so it throws your calculation all off. even from a roll there is no freakin way you're gonna take a bike. i've had morons try to race me on my bike and i dusted them even from a roll. the funniest shit was a bone stock ITR that wanted to run me on the freeway, i didn't even downshift to beat him...it was a simple roll-on in fourth gear.

the only car that ever managed to give me a descent run(i didn't burn'em too badly) was a Z06 on the freeway but it wasn't stock.

if you calculation is correct it would be
123/357 = x/3000(i'm rounding the weight off)

= 1033 hp

i destroyed a viper from a stoplight and a 911T on the highway when i had my bike
power to weight ratio is a motherfucker

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 23 2003, 03:38 PM
first off, the R6 is 357lbs(dry weight) so it throws your calculation all off. even from a roll there is no freakin way you're gonna take a bike. i've had morons try to race me on my bike and i dusted them even from a roll. the funniest shit was a bone stock ITR that wanted to run me on the freeway, i didn't even downshift to beat him...it was a simple roll-on in fourth gear.

the only car that ever managed to give me a descent run(i didn't burn'em too badly) was a Z06 on the freeway but it wasn't stock.

= 1033 hp

uhh dude, I was going off the other guy's number that said "engine weight" I added approximate weight for everything else. And I said so.

It's a moot point, it's obviously not going to be feasable to smoke a super sport bike.

who gives a fuck about the power to weight numbers

a stock R6 runs an 11.0
a stock R1 runs a 10.3
a stock GSX-R 1000 runs a 9.8

etc etc etc

basicly if you cant pull up to a light confident that your going to run a mid 9 or better dont fuckin bother trying to race a bike

unless you enjoy seeing how bad they will kill you

thats why I said from a roll. Your not going to beat a bike in a 0-100 in a street honda

not even from a roll, its about power to weight, mechanical physics at its best :)

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 23 2003, 12:42 PM-->
@Apr 23 2003, 03:38 PM

= 1033 hp

uhh dude, I was going off the other guy's number that said "engine weight" I added approximate weight for everything else. And I said so.

It's a moot point, it's obviously not going to be feasable to smoke a super sport bike.

meth, i wasn't mashing on you. i think my tone in the response was a little appresive. nothing personal.

its nice to dream about, but I believe something like the 2002 GSXR600 did 0=60 in 2.7 seconds, it seemed a lot faster when I had mine, because first gear was all you needed to hit 60. But I saw a video of a guy in a supra with turbo and a 75shot beat a bike from a rolling start of 70mph, I forget witch one but I think if I remember right it was either a Kaw. or Suz. and I believe some one told me they were the fastest bike of some year.....but I think the money it would take just to beat a bike isn't worth it......if you wanna be that fast just get a r1 and slap on a turbo.....then enjoy.

Why are you guys leaving out the DRIVER/RIDER weight?

That would throw a big advantage back over to the car driver, because 175 pounds added to 3000 is NOWHERE NEAR the ratio of adding 175 pounds to 400.

Let's redo the math, because my pal here with 374 hp at the wheels in a 2500 pound Civic walks off from 600cc bikes.

357 + 175 = 532

2950 + 175 = 3125

123 HP for the 532 pound bike = .231~ hp/pound

X HP in a 3125 pound Prelude = .231~ hp/pound

x/3125 = .231~

x = .231~ * 3125 , right?

So, your prelude needs 723 HP approximately, or about 615 at the wheels. (figuring a 15% drivetrain loss)

615 at the wheels has been accomplished with a b18a/b/c before, no big deal. PLUS, a car can just romp on it, a bike might have to feather the throttle some from a hit to keep the front end from coming up.

I'd say your Lude at 500 at the wheels would have a chance against a 600cc sportbike.

Now, a 2500 pound civic, only needs 577 total HP, or 490 at the wheels in a perfect world.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 23 2003, 04:48 PM

a stock R6 runs an 11.0
a stock R1 runs a 10.3

etc etc etc

basicly if you cant pull up to a light confident that your going to run a mid 9 or better dont fuckin bother trying to race a bike

like i said up there
fuck the power to weight numbers they really dont mean a fucking thing

the fact is that the bikes run _____ in the 1/4 mile (i can get more specs if you want or need them)

unless your car runs less than _____ in the 1/4 mile you are not goung to beat them

**edit**
there is also the factor of the person riding the bike being a little bitch and not getting on it ... or just not knowing how to ride

1/4 mile isn't everything y0, I mean it really is in some ways, but in some others like with light weight cars and non lightweight cars it can make a difference. My buddies' dad's caprice ran 12's but it can't get off the line for anything without losing it, I mean from 30-60 it is slow, but from like 60-100 it will be there in like a few seconds so 1/4 mile it could get owned because the low end sucks and it only runs 12's but from a roll on at 60-100 it might be able to hang a little bit.

hell yeah! I love goped's. But wouldn't that thing get like speed wobble and stuff?

yes, 1/4 mile time is a big issue. Traction issues come into play from a dead stop, and not so much at all from a roll.

There are far too many factors to even begin to make exact judgements. Bottom line is, if you car can keep up with or beat a sport bike, you have a fast fucking car.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Apr 23 2003, 04:27 PM-->
@Apr 23 2003, 04:48 PM

a stock R6 runs an 11.0
a stock R1 runs a 10.3

etc etc etc

like i said up there
fuck the power to weight numbers they really dont mean a fucking thing

the fact is that the bikes run _____ in the 1/4 mile (i can get more specs if you want or need them)

unless your car runs less than _____ in the 1/4 mile you are not goung to beat them

**edit**
there is also the factor of the person riding the bike being a little bitch and not getting on it ... or just not knowing how to ride

well, because mr. law of physics says f = m*a.. or your f/m = a
f = force
m = mass
a = acceleration

Well, if i can't beat a R1 or R6 bike...
i'm gonna go lower..like a 600CC or 750CC i think that would be really good... :D

maybe with 14inch wheels on my lube i could get a little better acceleration?

Originally posted by ovcrash@Apr 23 2003, 07:41 PM
Well, if i can't beat a R1 or R6 bike...
i'm gonna go lower..like a 600CC or 750CC i think that would be really good... :D

maybe with 14inch wheels on my lube i could get a little better acceleration?

umm r1=1000cc, r6=600cc so 600 and 750 are not lower

750s are usually faster than 900s
your not gunna beat a sportbike unless its something ghey like a katana or the guy cant ride for shit

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 24 2003, 12:46 AM
750s are usually faster than 900s
your not gunna beat a sportbike unless its something ghey like a katana or the guy cant ride for shit

yup. give it up.

you want to beat bikes, buy a fucking bike

Back