How much power am i lookin at?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D1N_ONLY

Whats up ppl! im new to Hondaswap and i hope i am postin in the right section! I have a 00 civic coupe and i am about to put in a B18B1 block and a SI head with a Type R ECU! My question is... how much power and torque will i be lookin at? Thanks for the help!

well... thats a guess anywhere from 100-160 horse.. not gonna be a good idea really to run it like that without some tuning really i think, your gonna be running the engine rich because your compression ratio is a bit low usuing a stock ls bottom end with an si head and type r ecu. Correct me if im wrong but you dont really wana do that combo unless your boosting... the ls pistons are to low compression for all motor

nintendopostersmaller.jpg

nespostersmall.jpg

ok! thanks for the input! What will throw it off? The ECU? Should i run the Si ECU with that setup?

Always use the right ecu for the head or chip a p28 and get it tuned. Either way you need a tune when you're frank'n it.

oh ok! well... i wont run the ECU with it! I am not gonna do any upgrades right now but i plan on dont it in the future! Thanks! All this info is helpin out alot!

Back