how much power to expect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

Hey i just saved for a long time and bought the performance parts i needed. Just wondering if anybody could ballpark my horsepower range because there is no shops or anybody i know that has a dyno that i could check on. I have a civic ex with a d16y8. parts consist of zex stage 2 camshaft, valve springs with retainers, greddy catback exhaust, stage 2 turbo with all components, turbo pistons, and eagle connecting rods. If anyone has done this setup or has a pretty good idea of some numbers let me know.

4569300 hp and 120 lbs of tq.

you aren't going to be able to even estimate a situation like that. you really need to tune it and work on the whole aspect of the motor. if you want any type of estimate you need to include an engine management system and all the mods done to it. boost levels, all that. this is too vague of a question.

get some dyno time and have it tuned. that is the best way to find the power range.

Stage 2 turbo? What is this, Gran Turismo?

Specs? Airflow?

Dyno time will ultimately answer your questions.

without it being tuned and not knowing the turbo size or CR....i give you 150-gonna blow the fuck up soon.

i guy local to me had a similar setup, and put down 220ish whp @ 12psi.

:werd:

I would guess just north of 200whp on a custom tune, maybe more. I usually see right at 220whp with stock internal turbo builds on the SOHC VTEC engines using off the shelf turbo kits. Push more boost with the forged internals and you can get to 250whp, maybe even 300whp (but probably not with the stock turbo).

Back