How much power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RIT Civic

Ok...here is my setup

B16a1 Sir2
Wiseco Pistons 9.0 comp.
H-Beam eagle rods
stock sleeves
LS tranny
stage 2 clutchnet
Eibach Dual Racing springs from Crower
Crower Titanium Racing Springs
Full out port/polish
Manley oversized valves
Milled head

Going to add Crower stage 3 cams and spoon chip p28 ecu this week...

Will all that in mind...when i take it to the dyno what power should I expect and when I take it to the track what should i expect...stock wheels and this is on a 94 civic coupe ex

s3eada95283d78.jpg

2 questions.

1.) why did you lower compression on an N/A motor.
2.) why did you put an inferior transmission on it.

and The spoon chip is a waste of time.

And as far as power, I left my magic dynometer hat at home.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 26 2003, 06:35 PM
s3eada95283d78.jpg

and i quote.....

my original guess was that this was some sort of pre-turbo set up....

but then due to the nature of the question....

i stand by my original pic.

Well it was going to be a turbo setup...I changed my mind and like the post says I will be adding a p28 soon but its not in yet...I am asking for advice to see what I can do..I might stay with my p72 ecu...the project does not lack research at all...with a lower compression I can run a bigger nos shot...

I thought I was supposed to get help here and not get flammed...hahaha...anyway thanks for the help

What is if I decide to add turbo later in the future?...is it a crime to have low compression...geezeee :p

Yeah the lower compression really isn't all that great of an idea unless you plan on using it for a turbo setup. There are so many variables in everyone's setup that the only real way to know is to take that hog to a dyno. It's not all that expensive and then you'll know exactly what you're looking at for numbers.

If you run those crower stage 3's with that compression, you'll have 0 power. Not flaming you, but wtf3.gif

Hmmm so what if I got those stage 3 and later plan on turbo...would that help or should i exchange them for the stage 2 turbo spec cams?

would those stage 3 work with a big shot of nos?...i heard that with my low compression i could run a big shot of nos with no prob...is this true?..i mean i am trying to decide if I should go nos or turbo...i heard my compression works great with either one..

Originally posted by RIT Civic@Oct 26 2003, 10:01 PM
would those stage 3 work with a big shot of nos?...i heard that with my low compression i could run a big shot of nos with no prob...is this true?..i mean i am trying to decide if I should go nos or turbo...i heard my compression works great with either one..

if you're going turbo, get cams made for turbo, the stage3's are for n/a.. i think crower has a turbo specific grind. this is why you must make up your mind on going n/a or turbo in the beginning

Back