How much should I take off my flywheel ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Carnage

90 hb.
Im planing on taking out my 88 clutch and tranny and flywheel from my d16z6 swap and upgrading to a 91 clutch, tranny and flywheel, Im wondering how much I can shave off my flywheel, I dont want to effect the reliability in my car and I also dont want to end with blown crank bearings half way threw the summer.

u want to be careful with how much u shave. on my civic i had, the integra flywheel i had was shaved down to about 12 pounds. i dont know exactly how much it was tho.

I wouldn't do anything under 12lbs, and make sure it's balanced also, that is key.

I would suggest just buying a fidanza, shit htey only cost under 300 bucks

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 18 2004, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't do anything under 12lbs, and make sure it's balanced also, that is key.

I would suggest just buying a fidanza, shit htey only cost under 300 bucks

:ditto:

:Word: fidanza makes a badass flywheel, go any weight you want just make sure it's balanced. I think the stock d series flywheel weights like 18 lbs, I personally would perfer an 12 lb flywheel as well.

don't get me wrong, if done right it will hold up no problem.

I ran a GSr lightened flywheel for about a year, weighed in at 12.5lbs and was balanced, I can't stress the importance of balancing it.

Would if I were in your shoes I would go with the fidanza

I had problems with my idle dropping to 400-500k with a 8.8 lb flywheel on my b16A in my rex when evr I came to a fast stop. After 8 months, I blew the flywheel off the crank and trashed it. I went back to the stock flywheel and It went away. my feelings are, in a NA motor setup, you need some weight in the rotating mass. I yes I agree with the balancing part. I consider it a must. I just picked up an ACT streetlite 12.5 lb bastard that s going to go on my lsvtec. I think that will put me where I want for weight. just somn' to consider...

matt

Back