how much to pay 4 dyno time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b1delsol

whats up guys? i have been checking on dynos here in louisiana. The only ones i have found have been these domestic v8 guys. How much should i expect to pay for dyno time? Even though they are V8 guys do you think they would still help me tune my LSturbo? thanks for the help!

I dont Know about everywhere else but here in MO Dyno time cost $100 an hour.To have someone dyno tune it is $150 an hour.My opinion If they only work on v8's and are not familiar with your engine management,SAFC,etc.I wouldnt trust them.

word to 100 bucks an hour. most tuning software is pretty similar, so id be willing to bet that anywhere you take it they could help you out. as long as you dont go into a V8 shop and say "How much horsepower will an APC intake get me", i know at my buddy tims shop (see sig) that will get you laughed out. we dont even do dyno tuning here, we still have to go to Intercrew or that Rotary shop in garland (the name is escaping me).

Quoted post[/post]]
word to 100 bucks an hour. most tuning software is pretty similar, so id be willing to bet that anywhere you take it they could help you out. as long as you dont go into a V8 shop and say "How much horsepower will an APC intake get me", i know at my buddy tims shop (see sig) that will get you laughed out. we dont even do dyno tuning here, we still have to go to Intercrew or that Rotary shop in garland (the name is escaping me).

it is a rx7 shop right...???

i would NEVER trust a v8 guy to tune my honda. no way.

they are so different, don't have any fuel pressure, no compression....

drive somewhere to someone who knows hondas.

no love for the V8 guys....thats kinda sad...

Quoted post[/post]]
i would NEVER trust a v8 guy to tune my honda. no way.

they are so different, don't have any fuel pressure, no compression....

drive somewhere to someone who knows hondas.

good tuning is definitely worth a road trip. don't trust anybody that doesn't work with imports. a phone call is a lot cheaper than testing the v8 guys. just start making calls.

booo whooo

its where i started and i will continue to fiddle with carb screws as well as efi. and some v8s are efi, like the ls1

I pay either 50$/hr or 60$ /hr with A/F and tuning - allowed to tune,

Theres two diff. dynos, never paid more than 60$/hr- I thought that was expensive. HA

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I pay either 50$/hr or 60$ /hr with A/F and tuning - allowed to tune,

Theres two diff. dynos, never paid more than 60$/hr- I thought that was expensive. HA

wtf? impossible.

thats dyno costs. does the tuner work for free?

Actually is IS possible, and is reality. I said ALLOWED to tune, means the dyno owner knows your tuning and isnt charging more. Some places CHARGE more if you are tuning the vehicle.

I pay 50-65 an hour for each hour on the dyno, + if I have my tuner there is at a disclosed rate we've agreed upon.

If you dont believe me ask Matt K. Next time you see him at autocross, he tunes my car.... We dyno'd last week 60$/hr a month before that I paid 50$/hr and have been used to paying 50$/hr for 2 years now.

I read that as INCLUDING the shop's tuner guy tuning your car.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Or the California guys.
ROFL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
reason # ?

Definitely a reason. Maybe we can call that reason # JS@IB or something. :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
I read that as INCLUDING the shop's tuner guy tuning your car.

I like my $100 flat fee to tune until I'm done. There's nothing like averaging $1 a pull. Spend $25k with the shop first though- then they might let you have a few perks here and there. :wink:

wanna tune my car mike...i can get other people's right, but my h22 is givin me some problems i dont know its like crome dont like me tuning an H with a P28.

Back