How Much To Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Depends on what car its going into. I probally spent about 1000-1100 to put one into my old 91 civic. There was alot of little shit that you will need to do that will add up. Plus if you break anything while you are doing the swap.

i plan on putting it in a vx hatchback? How much did you pay for the swap itself. Not all the extra parts?

paid $400 for mine, everything, engine/tranny/full engine harness, it only had 110k miles on it, runs great...

had to buy my ecu seperate though....

-Matt

What he wan't to know is - am I asking way too much for my D16z6 w/ tranny, axles, ecu, CAI, and 4-1 headers? Money talks and instead of asking everyone what they paid for their swaps, you should e-mail me and ask me if I will take less. The price everyone quotes you is WITHOUT axles, ecu, CAI, headers, and sometimes tranny. It is an SI tranny, chipped ECU, AEM CAI, DC 4-1 ceramic header and ALL needed parts. I would probably have taken $1000 for everything if you had asked. $200 is NOT a legitimate offer for a complete sohc vtec swap. Fuck off. :D

$200 is NOT a legitimate offer for a complete sohc vtec swap

Agreed it is not a legit offer, but why sell your CAI when you can use it on your B18? after all the intake does fit your car and should fit fine on that new motor :unsure:
-Matt

Maybe he wants to upgrade to the new aem v2 y0! :D

I don't even care about his engine bullshit :angry: . The only reason i said 200 is because it has 110k on it and i could get a long block off of hmotorsonline that has more hp then the d16z6 that is only 500 with out shipping and handling. Plus it only has 35,000mi. Also i want it for turbo so headers and cai don't really help me. So just stop talking shit about me when i don't even care about his engine. I asked him for a price because i wanted to know how much a swap would cost and when he told me 1500 i was like no that can't be right and then i posted this topic to find out how much it would really cost. Anyway thanks to all who replied who didn't critize me. <_<

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 22 2003, 08:58 PM
I don't even care about his engine bullshit :angry: . The only reason i said 200 is because it has 110k on it and i could get a long block off of hmotorsonline that has more hp then the d16z6 that is only 500 with out shipping and handling. Plus it only has 35,000mi. Also i want it for turbo so headers and cai don't really help me. So just stop talking shit about me when i don't even care about his engine. I asked him for a price because i wanted to know how much a swap would cost and when he told me 1500 i was like no that can't be right and then i posted this topic to find out how much it would really cost. Anyway thanks to all who replied who didn't critize me. <_<

don't take it so hard dude, just do your thing. It should cost you less than a grand installed

OK, yes I want the new AEM CAI but I heard my CAI off my d series wont fit the manifold for the b18. Did I hear wrong? Actually I think my boy said "probably not" What the fuck does "probably not" mean? It MIGHT fit and it MIGHT not? If it fits I'll sell the swap for $900 :D

Yeah they can be like 2.5 inch and 3 inch but you can just buy a adapter, I have and it works just fine.

Back