how much work does it take for a k20 swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MsMe EG

i dont wanna put alotta work into mod'n for my engine swap but outta curiousity how much work does it take to put a k20 in a 93 civic. what about a h22 is that alotta work?

a lot and about $10,000. post in your other thread you already started. no need to make a new one.

h22, a lot of work and $3000.

why must u hate on me.. is it because im a girl.. or because i perfer to text type?.. but thanks

$10k is insane. Motor and trans is $4k on the high side.
$1000 for mounts, ecu, random crap.

Could do it under 5k, assuming you want to do it yourself.

You could do a jackson racing supercharged b18c for about the same, and have way way more power.. And it could be done in steps.. Easier swap as well.

why must u hate on me.. is it because im a girl.. or because i perfer to text type?.. but thanks

i'm not hating on you. actually i'm being nicer because you ARE a girl. read the forum a little bit. there is a shitload of knowledge to be gained. just so you know, EVERYTHING has been done before, and all have write ups.

$10k is insane. Motor and trans is $4k on the high side.
$1000 for mounts, ecu, random crap.

Could do it under 5k, assuming you want to do it yourself.

You could do a jackson racing supercharged b18c for about the same, and have way way more power.. And it could be done in steps.. Easier swap as well.

she would have to pay for it. check the other thread. $7000-$10000 is what to expect if you are going to just drop it off and throw money at it.

I like the K swap idea and its getting a lot cheaper.
If you don't want to worry about swapping problems.....B series is your best option...Not K series

I'm waiting to see if CA smog chills out (yeah right) and makes K swaps in an EG street legal
(I think its something with the fuel return being different)

Or when I don't care about driving it on the streets and make it a road racer. K is way more ideal for track racing
But B series is still the ideal option for Drag.

k well i am doing this myself so it would be cheaper... and i kno i pry could find all the info without posting but honestly im lazy when it comes to reading thru posts there is so much bs to filter thru

o okay that makes sense thanks so b18 it is then

Some like the H series....I'm not a fan of them. B series are tried and true
H series is a little front end heavy on an EG (I've felt it and it wants to push forward pretty hard in a turn)
Some do the H series Motor with conversion plate and B series Transmission which is more ideal for Drag racing

But B series is the way to go. Ask any Honda Guy.....fast, fun, and cheap is an LS/turbo set up

The problem with the H22 is weight. It makes good power, but its a big, heavy bastard.. Given the already completely unbalanced front/rear weight ratio we already have, the H series just magnifies it that much more. H22 is pretty much a straight line engine imho. The B series swap weighs ~100 pounds more than a D, but offers a good increase in torque and a few additional HP, and you can still carve corners with it.

k well i am doing this myself so it would be cheaper... and i kno i pry could find all the info without posting but honestly im lazy when it comes to reading thru posts there is so much bs to filter thru

What's the most you've done to a car with your own two hands so far?

I like the K swap idea and its getting a lot cheaper.
If you don't want to worry about swapping problems.....B series is your best option...Not K series

I'm waiting to see if CA smog chills out (yeah right) and makes K swaps in an EG street legal
(I think its something with the fuel return being different)

Or when I don't care about driving it on the streets and make it a road racer. K is way more ideal for track racing
But B series is still the ideal option for Drag.

Its BARable.. you just need the RSX dash and gas tank swapped into your car i've heard

What's the most you've done to a car with your own two hands so far?
evrything thats been done to it all the body work which im doing again... re did the whole exhaust system replaced the manifold with headers which was a big waste of money considering brakes new clutch and a lighter flywheel. and a cold air intake stupid i kno but i did it. and when i get a new engine i'll do that on my own also. it may not be alot but im proud of my self im a self taught person with an interest shared by no one around me so roll ur eyes or whatevr but im proud of myself so...

Really? K can be BAR'd in CA??? Hmmm......I think it might be worth getting a wrecked one then.
You can find some for less then $4000 sometimes and sell stuff to make it a cheaper project.
That would be sick to have an EG with a BAR'd K swap just whoopin' on Vettes all day long!!!!
And none of that 4500 rpm's at 75 mph on the highway b/c you'll be in 6th

Back