How much would you charge.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well we picked up the motor from her today, its a Y7, I havent seen the other motor (the one in the car) Hopefully it doesnt have a hole in the block, cause I have an extra Z6 head at my mom and dads, so you know what that means,:D I just need a car to put it in.:(
most likely it is a thrown rod..thats what most of the dseries do when not properly maintained:)

so scrap yard is your friend...
we just got
$30 from a complete single zc with tranny..really low but whatever

Got the car today, tried cranking it over, it cranks over and there is no hole in the block so its not locked up. Pulled the dizzy cap to see if maybe it broke the timing belt, rotor turns so its not the timing belt. Then I noticed the gas gauge, now either its broken or the car is completely out of gas.:eek: But I dont know, Im gonna grab my friends compression tester tommorrow to see if its got comp, then check spark, and fuel. Maybe this ding bat just ran it out of gas.

Well we put some gas in it and it started right up. It needs some plugs, cap, rotor and a fuel filter really bad.

And a rod bearing because it sound like a diesel, motor pull lets go!^_^

Motors out, trannys off, engine bay and the junkyard motor are all cleaned upand ready to to go back in tomorrow.

Got it back in last night fired right up, no internal noise in the valvetrain or bottom end. Did an oil change and filled it with coolant, and then I get the good old erratic idle, I put it up on jackstands (so the rad cap was the highest point in the system) and ran it with the cap off to get it to burp. I cant get it to bleed off, and now it has a CEL, my dads bringing a scanner from work so hopefully I can get this thing figured out.:cool:

Back