how reliable is a stock k24 accord motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek stephen

I've got a '97 EK hatch currently with a B16A swap in it. In the next couple of months, I was thinking of starting to put together a K24 swap. If I did it, I would keep it completely stock for a while other than simple bolt ons. My only concern is how well do stock K24 accord motors hold up to abuse? Are the bottom ends strong? Head? What are the weak spots of them if any? Thanks guys

Btw, I know the Accord K24 only comes with 160HP, is it still pretty quick because of all the torque?

the k24/k20a combo is very good that is something that you should look foward to doing in the future, and as for reliablity i guess its just as reliable as every other honda/acura motor

Yea but if I do the k20 head, it'll be a while. The only thing I really wanna know is how quick the stock block and head of a k24a4 with an i/h/e is in an EK hatch. Does it feel faster than a B16A with bolt ons just b/c of the tq? Thanks for the reply by the way.

first, get the tsx k24, not the accord version. Better head, more power. And the reliability of ANY k swap will be as reliable as any oem honda motor as long as you do the swap right.

think about it, its a stock motor... people are having no trouble driving their accords, tsx's, rsx's just fine...

as for how quick... depends. weight, suspension, tires, skill.... but on a tsx motor in a stripped out hatch with traction bars, ihe and radials will hit high 12's... so minus the bars and radials and add an interior... probably mid 13's

Back