How the hell do you desk jockies do this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We work jobs that don't require sitting for long periods of time doing nothing. I spend all of my time (that isn't used conrtibuting to the delinquency^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H community here) hacking (the Linux definition, not the stupid media def).
I have no idea what you just said.:ph34r: :laughing1:

Bah I'm smoking too much. My eyes just started watering.... had to open a damn window.

yea...im at an IT help desk...so when there isnt anyone callin...theres nothin to do but surf the net...haha

Thats why I love my job... When I want to, I sit around and dick on the internet... But last week, I did alot of work with both SQL Server setups (Really Inquisitive), and got to do alot of sheetmetal & machining work... So I get to keep my body & mind constantly active at work... :)

I work in a sprint/nextel store. Ill answer the phone if no one else gets it. and fix a phone here or there. and then, sit and e-mail, IM, myspace, look at stuff for cars, etc.

yea...im at an IT help desk...so when there isnt anyone callin...theres nothin to do but surf the net...haha

werd, im about to go into work (i do the same thing) and you better believe ill be whorin it up. When i got a different title at my last job, i was post whore, and now that im working at verizon, my post whorage has gone up even higher.

I build houses now. I wish I had cover, yet alone a desk. Constant Seattle Rain>>>Anything.

I was being fecesious(sp?). But I do enjoy the rain once in a while. It keeps the dust down and the saw dust out of your eyes.

i love my job. im just like, "Look, do you want me to help you or do you want to keep yelling at me. If you choose the latter ill turn your internet off. Ma'am dont ye......alright. Ya happy. Look at that dsl light. I bet that bitch is blinkin aint it? Now would you like to follow my instructions and get your internet back, or would you like me to leave it so you cant connect PERMINANTLY. Thats what i thought. Now. Plug the YELLOW cable we sent you into your computer. Open internet explorer. Youre online? Good. Arent you happy you listened to me?"

i was a detasseling field supervisor over the summer... that meant 8-10 hrs a day walking in a corn field six inches over your head making sure immigrants were doing thier work correctly... it sucked... but it was good money and a good workout...

answer phones?
do paper work?

pshhhhhhhhhhhawwwwww

pone rings only when its someone who needs to talk to me.
paper work? i don't think we have a sheet of paper in my entire office. digital ftw.
:werd:

I never answer this desk phone either. I lost my VM password back in June. Who needs phones? :p

Back