How to adjust the speed of turning signals??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpOoN EK9

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how exactly do you adjust the speed of the turning signals in a 98' hatch??

You don't "adjust" the speed. They've got one speed if they're functionining properly (all bulbs and fuses in working order) and a faster speed if the circuit is broken (i.e. a busted bulb).

aiite, what you do is pull out your flasher relay box (it's right next to the fuse panel--it's the thing that clicks really loud when your blinker is on). pull it apart, and on it is a resistor. go to radio shack and get another 10 cent resistor, something around a 47k. re-saughter (sp?) the new resistor in place of the old one.

or you could just cut the ground (black wire) on the housing of both of your front turn signals. only thing is, if you do this, they'll be a LOT dimmer, and blink really fucked up at night.

best bet is to replace the resistor. i THINK the lower resister you go, the faster it will blink, but im not sure. 47k is about twice as fast as stock.

Yeah, 'cause faster blinkers will make you turn faster.

:gayflag:

I have faster blinkers, I like they way they look, I hate them when they are slow. I just bought a blinker speed changer thing. I don't remember the name of it. Anyway, all I had to do was take out my old box/plug and put in the box. Now I can pick how fast or slow I want. I don't remember how much it was, but I think it was like $20.

Damn, I was looking for a lock that said.

"This is a stupid thread."

But none of them express just how lame this thread is.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back