how to blow 3000 in 30 hours

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
#1 - buy an sir2 from hmotors. 2575 shipped.
#2 - buy some steelies and snows from TireRack.com - 438 shipped

the sol will be road ready soon :D

If anyone wants to help this weekend- I'm tearing about the sol- at least all but the motor. drain all the fluids, put all the parts, turbo shit, gauges, etc into boxes and stuff. maybe i'll do a little this week... we'll see.

my motor ships thurs steve said, and i should have it either before of just after thanksgiving. that gives me 3 weeks to get it in, tweak it up, and get it road worthy for inspection :)

I don't have a heater inthe garage, so bring an old sweatshirt if you're stopping by.

and call first- cuz i may be doing soemthing else :)

he, well, it took all of 30 seconds to get charged for each item if you want to get technical :D

but yeah, so now i can't buy my damn tv again. lol SOMEONE DONATE ME A 30" LCD tv please. thanks.

Put it on your christmas list, I bet you can get enough ass kissers to donate money :)

Wtf are you going to do about the bumper support/frame from cramming a FMIC in there? or is that just another stage of "weight reduction"?

Fuck you guys. Try walking outside your house and having your car not be where you left it. $10,000 gone in less than one second. :angry:

Wife is adding another 30,000 to the mortgage to redo the kitchen dining room. Cabinets $9500, Counter top $6000, Floor $6000, The rest is drywall and electrical.

Im down for a trip up to bristol if the weathers ok and im not going to penn. Ill let you know by friday

Originally posted by Havok@Nov 16 2004, 07:59 PM
Wtf are you going to do about the bumper support/frame from cramming a FMIC in there? or is that just another stage of "weight reduction"?
[post=417922]Quoted post[/post]​

I doubt the inspection folks are going to pull his bumper cover off to look for the bumper support.

would like to help but you'll probally have 10 guys there anyways helping. and this w/e im moving into my new condo with garage i might add. aprox 30 sec from new departure. stop by if you want.

I say once you get the b16 in there put the turbo on it and make 225-250whp on 8psi. Daily drive that muthafucka until you get all the other shit worked out. I hate to think about your absurdly expensive turbo setup sitting in a box for months....then again you've had that absurdly expensive car(not the actual car, just all the shit you did to it) sitting in the garage for god knows how long

...it pains my soul

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 16 2004, 07:50 PM
i think i got you beat. i spent nearly $1200 in 10 minutes when i was getting my license back. that sucked...
[post=417911]Quoted post[/post]​

I remember that day.

That was a good day. :)

i didn't get the lsd cuz hmotors was sold out. i'm on a pretty tight time frame, so i got what they had in stock. oem lsd's suck anyway. not worth the extra $300 IMO. Quaiffe is the only way to go :) and besides, this is my daily driver motor.. i don't need an lsd to get to work. hell, my car barely warms up and i barely finish a cigarette by the time i get to work. lol

do i NEED help= no, not really. theres plenty of local peeps who will be stopping by i'm sure. and besides the real work won't be until the sir gets here anyway.

also, this is NOT an inspection. its strcitly emissions. i go on the rollers and they stuff a wideband-like device in the tail pipe for obd1 vehicles.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 16 2004, 10:25 PM
i didn't get the lsd cuz hmotors was sold out. i'm on a pretty tight time frame, so i got what they had in stock. oem lsd's suck anyway. not worth the extra $300 IMO. Quaiffe is the only way to go :) and besides, this is my daily driver motor.. i don't need an lsd to get to work. hell, my car barely warms up and i barely finish a cigarette by the time i get to work. lol

do i NEED help= no, not really. theres plenty of local peeps who will be stopping by i'm sure. and besides the real work won't be until the sir gets here anyway.
[post=418061]Quoted post[/post]​

Ouch--Wish I knew this before spending the $300

If I get the AE86 taken care of before your work starts, then I'll bring up the Heater and my hands to help turn so wrenches. ;)

Originally posted by friz@Nov 16 2004, 11:47 PM
Ouch--Wish I knew this before spending the $300
[post=418074]Quoted post[/post]​

OEM LSDs are just fine. I've never had any problems with mine, and it's really helped improve the driving dynamics of the car. If you're going to make crazy power and launch really hard at the drag strip all the time, then you might want to ditch the OEM LSD and get a Quaife.

Sweet, I'm not looking for big power anyway. The only things that I plan on doing to it will be header, fuel managment (Hondata or Uberdata) maybe some mild boost in the future.

Driver for 120 mile daily commute.

Back