how to build ls/vtec? / turbo it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

paia_nation

ive been searching for a while and i could seem to find what i was looking for. im wondering/ looking for a thread that explains how to put a vtec heat on a ls block. does any on have the link on where i could find this at? Also i was wondering if a ls/vtec is good to be turbocharged? i was looking more for a tourq setup but have some hp too... if possible. i was looking to drive the car that the motors often and drag it when theres the drags. i dont no how to calculate how much hp is needed to put it in the 10.90 bracket, but that would be my goal if my buget alowed be too. my buget would be around $2k give or take(i know it will be more on the give side). ive got my self lined up to buy a turbo kit off of a gsr, (note the $2k is not including the turbo kit). i dont know the exact spects of the kit but i do know that the turbo maifold is a tube type. and the turbo was providing 16lbs. of boost to the (stock bottom) gsr.well if anyone could help me out i would apriciate it, also correct my wording or facts if im worong of dont know what im saying. im always looking to learn someting that i dont know yet. well thanks for all your help!

To have any honda run 10.9 in the quarter would take alot of time, money and tuning. Not just engine mods will get you there but suspension mods would have to be made to get the launch required. Slicks would be needed because traction would be an issue. Theres alot of things to go with a 10.9 car. Are you looking for a streetable car or all out race?

as far as slicks go and suspension goes and how the motor is tuned, etc. i do understand that it is all factor in running the time desired. i was mainly focusing more on the motor side of the project.

back to the top and correct me if im wrong but pissed off sol has a great, well explained article on making that ls a vtec... in the general tech articles.

Back