How To Bypass Map Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridsol

alright i've got everything figured out but this. its a stock single cam non-vtec, my beater and i'm goin to junkyard turbo it. question is how to boost without the ecu detecting. i've heard of so many ways but whats the cheapest cause i could giva shit less about this car, i just wanna boost it. also one alternative was some chip that i heard about on honda-tech, anyone know if i have to upgrade any fuel things if i go with this chip

go to the local aquatics store and get about three (3) check valves and put them inline to your map sensor.

Originally posted by DTEC@Apr 24 2003, 09:36 AM
go to the local aquatics store and get about three (3) check valves and put them inline to your map sensor.

if your a ghetto banger.

A better solution might be just by the missing link check valve for 50$

what am i going to need fuel wise if i use the missing link, could i get by with stock or should i put a pressure regulator on it

pop on some 310cc injectors, am 8:1 FMU, and a missing link.

it will run for a couple months, then blow up :)

Why do you need a check valve? I thought the stock map sensor is good to 11psi? mine was anyway.

Seriously though, a lot of people told me to do this and I went against it. Get a socketted ecu and run Crome or some other free program. Its cheap and easy to do and the results are incredible compared to a FMU and shit valves etc...

Damn this thread is 5 years old. Anyways, I have been told the same things. The factory MAP is good for right around 11psi, and I was also told to never run a missing link.

Damn this thread is 5 years old. Anyways, I have been told the same things. The factory MAP is good for right around 11psi, and I was also told to never run a missing link.

you need the missing link if you dont want a check engine light. its a cosmetically nice version of $3 in check valves. if you run the ML, 12:1 fmu on stock injectors, walbro255 pump at 5psi or less, your car will run rich as hell but it definitely wont blow up/torch pistons and will run forever if you take care of it. thats a common misconception about fmu's. theyre alright for a budget minded booster at very low, basic boost levels, just be prepared for a stinky car that gets the gas mileage of an 18 wheeler. but fuck it! youll be boostin!

the stock map sensor is CAPABLE of READING boost to 9 or 10 psi (obd0 / obd1or2), however, the ecu WILL throw a code if it sees more than 2psi ish on it, which is why you need the bypass valve.

OR, a chipped solution (with boost tables, so that it can READ it) under the 9-10

8:1 FMU is way too much fuel. 12:1 is just about the norm for 8psi safely.

As far as bypassing the MAP sensor, just buy a missing link for like 20 bucks and apply it beneath the map sensor. They even come with extended screws to fit into the throttle body.

X2 at least score some DSM 450cc injectors and out a B&M fuel osi regulator on it or it will go bang real fast. Find the missing link on ebay

8:1 FMU is way too much fuel. 12:1 is just about the norm for 8psi safely.

lol

8:1 adds 8 psi of fuel rail pressure per pound of boost
12:1 adds 12 psi of fuel rail pressure per pound of boost.

how the fuck do you figure?

Back