1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to change rear engine mount

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by achir21, May 16, 2008.

1. achir21

achir21 New Member

hi :) ....

in my EK4 my engine is moving a lot becoz of the Insulator there... i buy the new OEM one... but trying to change it was difficult coz far to get into-it can't find a way to access it.. and i was discouraged.....

does anybody out there who already change it tell how he done it ? thx :)....

its frustating to have it but not yet installed.... :confused:

2. achir21

achir21 New Member

so......... no one has an idea..... or its my question wivh is too much stupid ? sorry guys but really i have no idea how to go with it........ do i have to go underneath the car, or do i have to remove the intake mainfold ?? ???

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I'm about to do mine (but haven't yet)... I think you can go in from under the car. Just make sure to have the front end of the car lifted enough to get in there, and use a jack or a hoist to support the engine while you have things unbolted.

4. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

:werd: it's gonna be a PITA, it's just difficult to maneuver tools back there, it's pretty straight forward.

- Support and raise the motor to relieve tension on the rear mount.
    - Make sure you remove the bolt that attaches the mount to the mount bracket FIRST
    - Remove the remaining bolts for the rear mount.

It should just fall right out after that, replace it and bolt everything back up.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted