how to change rear engine mount

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

achir21

hi :) ....

in my EK4 my engine is moving a lot becoz of the Insulator there... i buy the new OEM one... but trying to change it was difficult coz far to get into-it can't find a way to access it.. and i was discouraged.....

does anybody out there who already change it tell how he done it ? thx :)....

its frustating to have it but not yet installed.... :confused:

so......... no one has an idea..... or its my question wivh is too much stupid ? sorry guys but really i have no idea how to go with it........ do i have to go underneath the car, or do i have to remove the intake mainfold ?? ???

I'm about to do mine (but haven't yet)... I think you can go in from under the car. Just make sure to have the front end of the car lifted enough to get in there, and use a jack or a hoist to support the engine while you have things unbolted.

:werd: it's gonna be a PITA, it's just difficult to maneuver tools back there, it's pretty straight forward.

- Support and raise the motor to relieve tension on the rear mount.
- Make sure you remove the bolt that attaches the mount to the mount bracket FIRST
- Remove the remaining bolts for the rear mount.

It should just fall right out after that, replace it and bolt everything back up.

Back